Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulKim1003

I cant see my plc ip address on "accessible devices"

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to upload a program from plc to pc.

I  can ping and i can go online but i cant see the ip address on the "accessible devices" for uploading.

The address i am trying to connect is 192.168.1.11

Does anyone how to fix this one?

ano 1.PNG

are you sure that is the correct IP address? did you try powering off PLC and pinging again? there could be something else there with same address and you may be going online with a wrong PLC. the other thing to verify is that subnet mask is also correct

In the list shown there is a cpu (named newmainplc). 192.168.1.10

You sure this is not the plc your are looking for?

we have 6 plcs and the main plc is 1.10 and the others are 11,12,13,14, and 15.

I can go online with 192.168.1.11 but when i try to upload it , the ip address wont show up in the "accessible devices"

It's been almost 2 years since I used Portal, so I'm a little hazy on the details. I remember there was an option to show only compatible devices or show all devices. It looks like that's not the issue for you since a bunch of devices are visible. It may also only give you that option when you're trying to go online with an existing project instead of uploading. I remember sometimes having to change the selections in the drop-down boxes and try different combinations to get it to work and that the same selections didn't always work.

Also, are you using virtual machines? I've seen where it would ping through but would not connect to go online or upload via a bridged or NAT adapter but would work if I connected the USB network adapter directly to the VM instead of to the host.

This is a real long shot, but I also had an issue once a long time ago where I could ping but nothing else would work until I replaced the network patch cable connecting my PC to the machine's network switch. A new patch cable fixed the issue.