adamscott1982

NX1P2 data exchange with another Omron PLC

11 posts in this topic

Hi gents,

I need to build up a communication between nx1p2 to another omron plc (any type with sql support).
This is due to the fact that I have finaly to prepare the plc communication with the sql database, and nx1p2 doesnt support this. 

Sorry, i know it's probably a noob question, but I'm a beginner.

What type of technology i shoud use to make this connection between NX1P2 and another Omron PLC? Or might be some share some project?

See if this can get you started...

1 person likes this

Your easiest options are socket services (raw data basically), Modbus TCP, FINS TCP (there are a few caveats here), or Ethernet/IP.

I highly recommend the Ethernet/IP route. IO_Rack posted some good info on this above. With both PLCs in the same project it will make setup fairly simple. I have an example project with an NX1P2 and an NX102 communicating that I stripped everything out of linked below. You'll want to look at the global variables for each PLC and the Ethernet/IP setup for each PLC (Tools -> Ethernet/IP Connection Settings).

NX1P2 and NX102 EIP.smc2

2 people like this

5 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

Your easiest options are socket services (raw data basically), Modbus TCP, FINS TCP (there are a few caveats here), or Ethernet/IP.

I highly recommend the Ethernet/IP route. IO_Rack posted some good info on this above. With both PLCs in the same project it will make setup fairly simple. I have an example project with an NX1P2 and an NX102 communicating that I stripped everything out of linked below. You'll want to look at the global variables for each PLC and the Ethernet/IP setup for each PLC (Tools -> Ethernet/IP Connection Settings).

NX1P2 and NX102 EIP.smc2

Thanks for help, unfortunately the the project does not open displaying a warning with update instructions (screenshot in attachment ) , but i checked it in auto update software and my version 1.45 is up to date. Can you check what version this file is running on?

Bez tytułu.jpg

I am on 1.47

If the second CPU is only there for the sql communication, then another option to go would be something like Ignition.
Unless the other cpu is meant to do some cpu work in/for a machine.
And for what i have seen the prices on the omron stuff, a ignition license would be cheaper now days.

12 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

I am on 1.47

I cannot download the update 1.47 because I am using a trial version....Could you send me screenshots of this project? Or maybe find different older project?
Or downgrade this on some way? really sorry for problem... but this is my last hope... 

If I'm not mistaken, you have the Lite version of Sysmac Studio. My understanding is, it should support the NX1P and the NX102 but maybe it doesn't support multiple controllers?

29 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

If I'm not mistaken, you have the Lite version of Sysmac Studio. My understanding is, it should support the NX1P and the NX102 but maybe it doesn't support multiple controllers?

not lite version but trial - as far i know trial version support everything for 30 day except updates.... and also in my case I can't have these controllers in one project. This would make too many changes because there are too many nx1p2 drivers in this installation. What I found is this: communication via UDP( library function implementing missing FINS) : 

but I don't know if it has a chance to work in nx1p2 communication to "better" plc

4 hours ago, adamscott1982 said:

I cannot download the update 1.47 because I am using a trial version....Could you send me screenshots of this project? Or maybe find different older project?
Or downgrade this on some way? really sorry for problem... but this is my last hope... 

Try this one. 1.25

NX1P2 and NX102 EIP.smc2

Just noticed your mention of them being in different projects. In this case you will have to add each target device manually by IP address in the Ethernet/IP connection settings and manually add the tags to the target variable. Not a big deal. This will still be much easier than a UDP socket or FINS