professor_jonny

NS screen programming over mobil network

3 posts in this topic

Hi I have a vpn set up to a 4g router running a small CIP station with a cp1-el plc and a NS 10 touch screen.

I can program and monitor the plc but i can not program the touch screen.

I have tried directly to the ip and fins address of the screen and via the plc but neither work.

has any one got any other ideas or an alternate programming method perhaps?

I can ftp to the screen and I can view its web page so it is likely something more sinister like the mobile network messing with packets or something.

I'm wondering if I can format a memory card and ftp files to it to reprogram the screen or something ?

Edited by professor_jonny
add info

2 hours ago, professor_jonny said:

Hi I have a vpn set up to a 4g router running a small CIP station with a cp1-el plc and a NS 10 touch screen.

I can program and monitor the plc but i can not program the touch screen.

I have tried directly to the ip and fins address of the screen and via the plc but neither work.

has any one got any other ideas or an alternate programming method perhaps?

I can ftp to the screen and I can view its web page so it is likely something more sinister like the mobile network messing with packets or something.

I'm wondering if I can format a memory card and ftp files to it to reprogram the screen or something ?

What is the default gateway set to in your screen and what is your router's LAN IP?

Edited by photovoltaic

sorry for the late reply missed this.

The touch screen is 192.168.250.10

The plc is 192.168.250.1

The router is set to 192.168.250.254

The gate way is set to 192.16.250.254 if it was not the hosted web page would not work on the touch screen from the vpn over the wan.