skyfox

Help me to not violate terms of my probation. Please!

7 posts in this topic

How do I get these right side power rails to line-up?

Is it me or does this logic looks as if it resembles 1990's GE Fanuc's MS DOS based LM 90-30 without mouse support? (as well as their later improved "Versa Pro" edition with it.)

Exception being, GE's power rails lined-up. During 1990 ish. With the DOS version.

What Happened? 

619367c92c1f1_Powerrail.PNG.42addc41d05d

Edited by skyfox

Extending to the right rail is an option in the editors for these processors, and requires extra instructions (H_WIRE, IIRC).  A memory-constrained project can leave everything to the left to save some space.  I recall that when the option is turned on, you have to make an edit to each rung to push it over.  Or something like that.  And it will make you logic not-equal, due to the extra H_WIREs.

1 person likes this

Go to tools -> Option -> Ladder Editor -> Align to the right bus bar.

Done

2 people like this

Thank you both.

However, I am still curious/concerned "pturmel" about your statement...

" A memory-constrained project can leave everything to the left to save some space."

Does this mean doing so will eat-up more processor memory upon downloading the project to the PLC CPU (ie. PLC Memory),  or was it a reference to the memory that was available to the host PC's back in the day that was running the "Programming" program? Most compilers ignore white spaces. But I cannot speak for the OMRON world.

Cheers and thanks again!!!

Edited by skyfox

It will eat up more memory in the PLC.  Lots of old PLCs had ridiculously tiny memory capacities.

It has never had a memory effect on an Omron that I am aware of, not Syswin, not CX-Programmer, and certainly not Sysmac Studio.

1 person likes this

Ah, I was thrown off by the mention of the GE products.  It does cost memory in those.