Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scotty134

sysmacstudio SysmacStudio Team Development issue

5 posts in this topic

Hello!

I got into a situation when one of engineers from our team experience an issue with team development repository. Everything was perfect up to some point and worked well as it should. Last night after last "pull" from the repository he got a fault message in his SysmacStudio (picture below). I have checked this repository: I created new blank copy of this repository on my workstation and the project started without any issues. Anybody experience this issue before? Seems to me that it's some weird issue with SysmacStudio.

Both work stations have same SysmacStudio versions 1.47.0.64008. 

618e7d7f3e4a8_MicrosoftTeams-image(2).pn

Edited by scotty134

Hi @scotty134  are you doing merges in the remote repo like github,gitlab,bitbucket ? 

/Regards 

Yes, I do bitbucket.

I've tried to pull the project before merge, have same issue.

Edited by scotty134

I would suggest to revert to each merge and see when this issue occurs, 

When doing conflict solving it is important that is done locally within sysmac, Unfortunately It is not possible  to resolve a conflict in the remote repo or similar. The merge will be ok but you will loose important meta data that sysmac itself is creating during conflict solving and merging. And when you will open the project after remote merge / conflict solving the chance is bigger that this issue will pop up during opening of the project.

I know it sucks,I also want the be able to do remote merging and conflict solving in near future, but  doing that now it will increase the chance to corrupted sysmac project. 

1 person likes this

The most strangest thing is that below is the example of one of our projects on bitbucket. The single merge was done manually on local machine.Engineer #2 was trying even to hard reset to his own commits and it did not solve the problem.When back in the days it was working just fine. I can't understand why, because repository is just a smart file storage.

git-example.JPG