Spring

NA HMI IAG and PLC enumerations and system data types

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am in  a need of some guidance.

Does anyone know how to refer to a NJ/NX system data type in an IAG project such as an enumeration like:  _eMC_BUFFER_MODE or _sHOMING_REF?

I tried copying it from my standard NA projects but throws and error when inserted in to the IAG projects.

Screenshot 2021-11-12 091205.png

The type will refer to the controller.  what's the name of your controller?  For example, your direction signal should work if your PLC name is nj.  The fact that you have some nj\ and some p\ makes it look like they are trying to talk to 2 different PLCs.

If you have a controller variable to map, do so in the Variable Mapping screen.  Then you will see how the data type gets set.

I have used many controller structures like this in the HMI, but never created a structure in the HMI like you are trying to do.

This works fine for me.

Try a cut-and-paste from the Global HMI Variable data type into the HMI structure data type

Capture.JPG

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the feeling that you both talk about a standard project, I am trying to create an IAG. In my understanding there is no option to link to a PLC or map a controller variable or am I missing something? My PLC is actually called "p" for simplicity, what you Crossbow noticed as "nj\" is me trying to find if there is a built in reference in Sysmac to NJ.

photovoltaic!

Your screenshot shows a standard project with a PLC. An IAG project does not have PLC linked or does it?

When I create a standard project I am able to map does variables, no problem, see below:

618e9cabc1916_Screenshot2021-11-12171247

Edited by Spring

Ah, I see now. I don't believe what you want to do can be done. If you take a look at some of the structures on the Servo IAG Library it looks like they are all rebuilt with primary datatypes(page 138). This would mean the FB it pairs with in the PLC sorts all the data into primary datatype variables.

https://www.support-omron.fr/telechargements/documentations/2017-07-24%20-%2010-47-43%20-%20978065761/V437-E1-02+Servo%20IAG%20Library+Partices%20Guide.pdf

It appears it will accept the HMI data types but not the PLC's.

I found if you re-create the enumerations (_eMC_REFERENCE_TYPE, _eMC_BUFFER_MODE, etc...) in the Enumerated list manually, then you'll be able to add them to the Structures. I don't know if this will work or not. 

Mr_PLC_IAG_Structure.thumb.JPG.bb2658c73

Will try IO_Rack's suggestion and report back.

Thanks