mmmbte

Devicenet help needed

3 posts in this topic

I have a devicenet network with a compactlogix L35E and  a 1769 scanner in the main cabinet and a 1769 adn/b module in another cabinet that originally got burned, it was replaced with another adn module with same revision as the original but can't connect on the network, I can see the scanner but nothing else when I scan the devicenet network with both rslinx and rsnetworx. I'm also seeing fault 79 on the scanner. Any suggestions on how to approach this? I read that most issues relate to hardware, as in wiring, terminator resistors and power supply grounding but I already checked all that. 

Any help is very much appreciated.

79 indicates a failure to transmit a message.  Make sure that your scanner is connected to a valid network.

Did you assign the correct node address to the ADN?  All device net nodes are set to 63 from the factory and must be changed to match the scan list configuration.

Any chance the replaced ADN is the last node on the network and therefore must have a terminating resistor?  This would be true for a straight line configuration with te other terminating resistor at the terminal of the 1769-SDN.  In a "T" configuration, a terminator would be installed at the end of each.

This might be a dumb question but how do you make sure the scanner is connected to the right network? Because I can see it on RSLinx and it shows the right IP address for the PLC is supposed to be working with.

I assigned the ADN's module physical node with the rotary switches to 01 as it was on the original module.

Both ADN and SDN modules have the proper connector, resistors, voltage and are grounded on one point of the network.