Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmturner

Mapping to a Single Element in an Array

3 posts in this topic

I have 23 Micrologix 1400s and I want to take the same register, N100:99, out of each one and put in a single array in a CompactLogix L18ER. From what I have tried, it only seems like I can only map a range of integers, N100:77-N100:100, to the array and not an individual register to a particular element. (For example, mapping N100:99 from machine 16 to Selected_Model[15]) Can you map to individual elements in an array? If so, are there any instructions on how to do so? Thank you in advance for reading my post!

Using a message instructions should work.

For Machine 1 do an SLC Typed Read of N100:99 to a Destination of Selected_Model[0]

For Machine 2 do an SLC Typed Read of N100:99 to a Destination of Selected_Model[1]

For Machine 3 do an SLC Typed Read of N100:99 to a Destination of Selected_Model[2]

For Machine 16 do an SLC Typed Read of N100:99 to a Destination of Selected_Model[15]

For Machine X do an SLC Typed Read of N100:99 to a Destination of Selected_Model[X-1]

1 person likes this

Thank you! I will try this. I was thinking from the Micrologix side of things. Did not think of it the other way around.