Lacrim

Powerflex 700s data

7 posts in this topic

Hello' .  need a help please.  how can injection the file from compact flash to powerflex 700s?

Hello' .  need a help please.  how can inject the file from compact flash to powerflex 700s?

Screenshot_2021-11-06-14-28-51-296_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Background:   There were a couple special versions of the PowerFlex 700S variable frequency AC drive that had a "DriveLogix" control board.  It was essentially an onboard ControlLogix CPU, so like the 1756-L6x and 1769-L3x controllers of that generation, it used a CompactFlash card as removable storage.

You can store or restore a firmware image and DriveLogix user application program from the CompactFlash, but you can't load the actual parameters into the PowerFlex 700S itself;  that still requires DriveTools or Drive Executive software.

In general, you need a CF card onto which the firmware and user application program have been stored.   Those cards can be configured to automatically load the program, or load it only if memory is corrupted, or when commanded by a user connected with RSLogix 5000 programming software.   The procedure is in the user manuals and online Help for RSLogix 5000, and is identical to ordinary ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers.

Thanks for your attention .

I have this memory, can I download the project without using any program? I am new to dealing with this type.. But I've been in the same situation before and that's what I did : ( I took out the card and reinserted it into DriveLogix . I put the switch in program mode. I turned the machine off and back on, and the program appears on the screen. But it didn't work for me this time

Can you explain what inject a file to the 700s means?  Are you trying to download parameters?

Hello, yes that's exactly what i want.  Thanks in advance 

If the CompactFlash card has the image of a DriveLogix program loaded on it AND it that image is configured to automatically load into a defaulted controller, then you can load that image without the RSLogix 5000 editing software.

If the image was not configured to load automatically, you need the software.

The parameters of the PowerFlex 700S drive itself need to be loaded separately, using Drive Executive software.

Repair or recovery of your system might require working with the OEM or an integrator who has Rockwell Automation experience.

1 person likes this