JMColombo

BCD mode vs Binary mode issue?

2 posts in this topic

Hey there!

I’m new to the forum. I have tried searching for this topic, but I couldn’t find much, so here it goes:

Some weeks back I was trying to log into an Omron CJ1M to modify a program in a machine. I usually use CP1L PLCs and set them up to execute in BCD. When I tried to connect to this one though, it showed me a question box saying (I have tried and tried to upload an image, but the forum is not letting me as it says I’m exceeding the allowed mbs, even though I reduced the photo to 90kb 🙄):

“ — Timer / Counter execution is different between project and connected PLC:

Project: BCD

PLC: Binary

Select one to match the setting: download, upload, work offline? — “

Has anyone come across this before??? I pressed work offline first, which didn’t do anything, but later I pressed download, assuming that CX-Programmer was going to download the program to my laptop, but the reverse happened: as I didn’t have anything opened in my laptop, the program got completely wiped out without any notice or warning… has anyone come across an issue like this before??? And I don’t have a backup of the program as I was in the process of making a backup… 😳

Many thanks in advance! 😁

1 hour ago, JMColombo said:

(I have tried and tried to upload an image, but the forum is not letting me as it says I’m exceeding the allowed mbs, even though I reduced the photo to 90kb 🙄):

If you try again in a reply to this thread, it should work. If not, try renaming the pic. The forum seems to remember items you enter into a post and won't let it go.

1 hour ago, JMColombo said:

I pressed download

I'm afraid you have overwritten the program in the PLC. Upload and Download are from the perspective of the PLC. You'll have to track down the original programmer or rewrite the program.

1 person likes this