7 posts in this topic

Hello AB professionals,

I am using FactoryTalk View Studio v11. I am basing on an old project to build my application. I restored the project from a .mer file.

I deleted or renamed some old screens, saved and closed the project. But when I open the project next time the screens I deleted still show up. When I click on it it will show an error message "Component does not exist". 

In the FactoryTalk ME application, I right click a screen name on the left tree under the Graphics, and then click "Delete" or "Remove", the display would disappear at that time. But it persists on coming back next time I open the project.

If you know the solution to resolve please reply. It is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Lei

Just deleting the screen doesn't delete the navigation buttons for it on other screens.  You have to do that, too.

I've seen weird things with View Studio in the past and remember having something weird happen when deleting a display too. I don't remember the exact resolution of the issue but usually closing the software and rebooting the PC clears up a lot of bugs. If that doesn't work, try restoring a fresh copy from the mer file, then try again. If that doesn't work, restore a fresh copy from the mer, then archive it to apa format, then restore the apa file and try again.

One more thing: make sure you don't have the display open when you try to delete/rename it. I seem to remember that being part of the weird glitch I experienced.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:11 PM, lqu@edgeautomation.ca said:

Hello AB professionals,

I am using FactoryTalk View Studio v11. I am basing on an old project to build my application. I restored the project from a .mer file.

I deleted or renamed some old screens, saved and closed the project. But when I open the project next time the screens I deleted still show up. When I click on it it will show an error message "Component does not exist". 

In the FactoryTalk ME application, I right click a screen name on the left tree under the Graphics, and then click "Delete" or "Remove", the display would disappear at that time. But it persists on coming back next time I open the project.

If you know the solution to resolve please reply. It is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Lei

Hello Lei. Did you manage to find a good solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same problem.