SillyBoy

Ethernet IP communication between Schneider M580 and Honeywell ControlEdge UOC.

3 posts in this topic

I want to establish Ethernet IP communication between the following PLC CPUs.

Schneider Electric - BMEP582040

Honeywell - ControlEdge UOC CPU900-CP1.

Where the Schneider must be master and Honeywell must ne adapter.

Let me know if anyone have done this or can help me to do so.

I'm a Modbus guy, I've never done Ethernet/IP, but I have had a minor run-in with the UOC.  

The UOC is a Honeywell ControlEdge 900 controller running the Honeywell control execution environment (CEE) configured with Experion Control Builder, the UOC development software, which is a licensed software product.  Honeywell calls its versions 'releases'.   I do not know if a later release is backwards compatible with an earlier release.   Make sure you have access to the development software.  It's pricey.

A Google search will locate the 50 page manual for the ControlEdge family of CPUs (of which UOC is one), EtherNet/IP User's Guide, document # RTDOC-X548-en-160A, dated from Jan 2020, link below:

https://www.honeywellprocess.com/library/support/Public/Documents/ControlEdge-PLC-EtherNet-IP-Users-Guide-RTDOC-X548-en-160A.pdf

The Function Block section of the manual with the Ethernet/IP FB's is attached.

It isn't clear to me how two 'controllers' talk to one another, as opposed to a controller talking to a field device, like a flow meter.   With two controllers, who is consumer and who is producer?   Is that where an 'adapter' is used?   The Honeywell Ethernet/IP manual might shed some light on the 'adapter' situation. 

Enet-IP FB's from ControlEdge-Builder-Function-and-FB-Configuration-Reference-Guide-RTDOC-X286-en-151A.pdf

Hi SillyBoy,

in case the m580 is the ethernet IP "master" you will need the EDS file for Honeywell PLC.

The EDS file needs to be imported in to the UnityPro/Control Epert software - see youtube video:

https://youtu.be/zz78qkWjRIc