Kurapika89

unable to address Arrays in NX1P2

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to allocated an addresse using AT for an array [0..227] in order to reach the values inside of it using HMI via fins, Sysmac studio return the following error message when i try to use E0_0 as mentionned in this thread : the specified zone does not exist in the memory used for the CJ series cards.

The only memory location that sysmac accept for me is in the form of %d0, if that's the only option, how can i call the different values inside the array via fins using this AT ? 

You have 4 CJ memory areas to choose from in the NX1P2 - CIO, WR, HR, and DM.

When you make and array, let's call it myIntArray[20], you put %D0 in the AT column and myIntArray[0] will have the address association of D0. myIntArray[10] will have the address association of D10.

Be cautious of data type though. If this were a DINT array in the same configuration then myDintArray[0] would be D0 and myDintArray[10] would be D20. 

To add to @photovoltaic's comment, you actually have to go into the Memory Settings under Controller Setup (Multiview Explorer option) and enable the areas you want to use.  Unlike the NJ processors, the NX1P2 and NX102 processors do not have the memory areas enabled by default.

NX1P2 has 4 options:

61803cd829f94_NX1P2Memory.jpg.1403fa3006

The NX102 has more options:

NX102.jpg

1 person likes this