Transistor

MELSOFT GX3 program transfer - "The specified drive is out of capacity"

8 posts in this topic

I'm making some changes to a project at a customer's site using all the same software, etc., that I created it in. I only use GX3 for this project so I'm not an expert.

When I try to transfer I get ...

61781db7531d4_GX3WritetoPLC.png.dcdb08e1

... immediately followed by ...

61781dcf0457b_GX3WritetoPLCerror.png.75e

Now I've got a red ERR light, P.RUN is blinking and we're out of production for a few hours.
The error flags M8060 to M8069 are all zero.

It may be related to two function blocks at the end of the transfer but the F4 Rebuild All function works fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Edited by Transistor

Hello Transistor,

check if there is enough free memory in the PLC, the free memory is shown at the bottom of the transfer dialog.
If everything is transferred, also the device and label comments are transferred, then the free memory may be too small.
In this case it helps not to save the comments in the PLC.

It may also help to load the parameters and the program separately into the PLC, i.e. first write the parameters
(CPU+ module parameters), then reset the PLC and then write the program (label + FBFiles).

If not already done, you should also read out all actual values from the PLC (device memory),
so that these can be restored if necessary, this can save a lot of time and work.

good luck

Thanks Andreas.

I transferred the program without the comments and got

61784d86d104f_MELSOFTproblem3.png.b0ceb8

... which I don't understand, and, ...

61784d935c13a_MELSOFTproblem4.png.0bfc3d

... which seemed to be already set correctly.

I can't get the PLC to go into RUN mode.

61784f4b6986f_MELSOFTproblem5.png.8ba9f0

To my eye there seems to be plenty of memory. Am I missing something?

Edited by Transistor

the first message indicates that there is an mismatch in the structured data types of the automatic module labels (did you change the
module configuration or gx3 version?). Maybe it helps if you recreate the module labels.

you should check the plc error code using [Diagnositc]=> [Module Diagnostic (CPU Diagnostic)], maybe this helps

Danke, Andreas.

Where do I find the automatic module labels? I don't think I changed any module configuration (I don't know how to) and I didn't change GX3 version.

6178dec295f41_MELSOFTproblem6.png.b9b7f8

I see that I have some red labels in the Navigation tree. Does that point me to a problem somewhere?

I restored the previous version from a backup. I have it working.

I will have to investigate another day.

Danke schön.

You have my sympathy. We've all been there.

Change something on a perfectly running machine and it goes into error and wont run. Meanwhile, management look at you as if you don't know what you are doing.

It's hard to spot the error while under this pressure.

Hi Transistor,

good that it works again. The Module lablels are added to the Structured Data types after inserting an module in the Module Configuration (if using module labels is
enabled). after changing the module configuration or if using another gx3/module library version it can happens that the module labels won't match, in this case you
should delete the labels and recreate them. this also can occure when you accidentally delete an type. in this case you can't compile/rebuild and the labels stay 'red'.

image1.thumb.jpg.8f7f6f952fe7fad9a4e9986

in this case delete the module labels an recreate them (seen next image)

image2.thumb.jpg.9cb8623065f1efe11eae1a2