J.S.A

R_TRIG AND F_TRIG

8 posts in this topic

New in Omron,

I am trying to use R_TRIG and F_TRIG in Omron Symatic Studio, but I don't get to activate the output.

I declare R_TRIG and F_TRIG as internals variables as RisingEdge and FallingEdge. I want to activate an output with a rising edge of a the variable which is activated with a falling edge of another variable. I don't get to activate the last variable, is it possible that the scan cycle doesn´t led me to do that?? Does anybody know what am I doing wrong?

here I attached a screenshot of the problem.

R_TRIG & F_TRIG.PNG

You are using RisingEdge twice here where I think you wanted falling edge first.

A little synopsis might help with the variable names and the desired operation.

I think I see what you are trying to do, is there any reason you want RearmingRelay true for a single scan cycle? If this is indeed a mechanical relay they often need ~20ms to engage.

6 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

You are using RisingEdge twice here where I think you wanted falling edge first.

A little synopsis might help with the variable names and the desired operation.

I think I see what you are trying to do, is there any reason you want RearmingRelay true for a single scan cycle? If this is indeed a mechanical relay they often need ~20ms to engage.

Yes, the first edge was a fallingEdge, sorry. The rearming relay sshould be maintened until tthere is an error again, I thought using the rearrming this way, although the rearming will go to false when the cycle scan finishes, the RearmingRelay will mantein in True if there isn't any error, but to set the Rearmingf Relay I need to do those edges.

I have this FB

Captura.PNG

I feel like your ELSE should just be RearmingRelay:=TRUE;

You would get the same result, no?

This logic may not be working because of the instruction. F_TRIG  needs a previous state to act off. Your ELSE logic will always have a FALSE value for VariatorError therefor it will never detect an edge. Try running it outside of the IF statement all together. The IF Rearming THEN will catch it on the next scan and turn on RearmingRelay.

Edited by photovoltaic
1 person likes this

oo should be a set output instruction. Right click on the coil and choose set instruction.

You won't see it otherwise, but you can at least confirm the bit changes this way

Edited by photovoltaic

36 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

I feel like your ELSE should just be RearmingRelay:=TRUE;

You would get the same result, no?

This logic may not be working because of the instruction. F_TRIG  needs a previous state to act off. Your ELSE logic will always have a FALSE value for VariatorError therefor it will never detect an edge. Try running it outside of the IF statement all together. The IF Rearming THEN will catch it on the next scan and turn on RearmingRelay.

Thank you for being patient and the fast answers, I finally get to solve it putting it outside, I though about that solution, but I though that it wouldn't work. Thank you very much.

13 hours ago, J.S.A said:

Yes, the first edge was a fallingEdge, sorry. The rearming relay sshould be maintened until tthere is an error again, I thought using the rearrming this way, although the rearming will go to false when the cycle scan finishes, the RearmingRelay will mantein in True if there isn't any error, but to set the Rearmingf Relay I need to do those edges.

I have this FB

Captura.PNG

Am i missing something? 

Nice comments but what are you trying to achieve?

RearmingRelay:=Not VariatorError

VariatorError:-=PositiveHardwareLimit OR NegativeHardwareLimit OR OvercurrentError

19 minutes ago, chelton said:

Am i missing something? 

Nice comments but what are you trying to achieve?

RearmingRelay:=Not VariatorError

VariatorError:-=PositiveHardwareLimit OR NegativeHardwareLimit OR OvercurrentError

Yes, you are right but I needed to use the edge of ResetVariatorBit4, that's the reason I needed to do that variables "connection". 

I finally solve the problem with photvoltaics help, taking the edges out of the IF condition.