Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Logan1101

Slow Dell Laptop

6 posts in this topic

My current work laptop is and Dell Inspiron 15 3000. It is super slow, and I am unable to upgrade the laptop (Due to the company), but I can upgrade its cpu/ hardwire. The Processor & Memory:10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor 1.0GHz12GB DDR4 2666MHz RAMDrives:1TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive. I wanted to upgrade the cpu to something that is faster than a 1.0 GHZ and while the company is giving me money I don't want to halfass and upgrade on it. What CPU is compatible with my laptop and can handle all the different software that I attempt to run? 

not gonna happen. in laptops CPUs are not socketed. replacement (if possible) would require desoldering of the old one, then soldering new one in assuming you have proper tool. old laptops are upgraded by replacing entire laptop. you may try to gain some improvements by exchanging that slow HDD with SSD and adding more memory. in my opinion just not worth it. 

2 people like this

Many many years ago, I wanted a 286 luggable to program plc's. Management said no new computers. The desktops are all we need.

So....I had the vendor quote me a PLC programmer, management approved.   If you can get funds for parts, and pieces, maybe you can get

a new programming device. 

1 person likes this

when only tool available is a hammer, all problems look like nails.

if all management can comprehend is price, hit them with the highest price tag alternative you can find and... they may see the light... :-2

Swap it from a hard drive to an SSD.  That alone will boost speed by 30-40%.

Laptops are not like desktops where you can randomly change out controllers and boards.