Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JLA

STL Instruction

4 posts in this topic

I have a piece of equipment using a Mitsubishi FX1S. I'm trying to understand the flow of the existing program written by other with no labels. I am specifically interested in understanding the STL instructions and associated S coils. I'm looking for some resources that would help me better understand how all this works. I have been reading the FX series programming manual. Is there something better with examples perhaps? Also, I noticed when I go to simulate mode in GX Works 2 there is a section highlighted in yellow. What does this mean? Thank you for your help.

A quick simple explanation is

The STL is a way of doing steps one at a time where only one step is active at a time (the rest in the sequence is not scanned until they are active.)

Each step has the line -----------------------[STL S20] before it, meaning the start of the next step S20 and so on --------------------------[STL S30]

And the instruction ----------[RET] at the end to define the start and finish of the STL sequence.

It's usually used for a repeating automatic sequence.

@Ron_S Dear Ron,
You are wrong in the sense that only one step can be active in the program scan, an arbitrary number of steps from the available ones can be active. And yet, every step can be in one of three modes: active, passive, zeroing.

Regards

I said simple explanation - so he could maybe understand his program.

I will explain further if he's having trouble.