Viento

PLC to PLC

7 posts in this topic

Good day!

They asked me to make an ethernet communication between 2 mitsubishi Q03UDE PLCs, without including an additional ethernet module, the truth is I don't know where to start, I would greatly appreciate your help.

i would start by downloading and reading manuals. nice thing bout Mitsi documentation, each manual refers to other related manuals.

QU.png

10 hours ago, Viento said:

Good day!

They asked me to make an ethernet communication between 2 mitsubishi Q03UDE PLCs, without including an additional ethernet module, the truth is I don't know where to start, I would greatly appreciate your help.

If I remember correctly, I was told by a Mitsubishi rep. that Q03UDE plc cannot communicate with each other unless one of them has an additional Ethernet module. So either you need to add an ethernet module to one of the plc racks, or upgrade plc. I believe Q03UDV is capable.

I would contact a Mitsubishi rep for confirmation on that.

Best of Luck

Depends on the information you want to share between the two. I would suggest Wasan solution of using "Socket Communication". It's easy to understand and setup once you figure it out. If you want to share data in real time I would suggest a CC-link network between the two. But if speed or update speed is not an issue then socket communication would work fine.

Thank you very much to all.
I managed to make the link between the controllers, using socket.

1 person likes this