Lipton

Cip safety / fsoe safety scanner compatibility with sysmac

6 posts in this topic

Hello.

We are looking for a safety scanner that has CIP safety(Ethernet IP) or fSoE (Safety over etherCAT) that is combability with sysmac and NX102 cpu.

There is a lot of safety scanners on the market that support CIP safety and fSoE and I have tried to load in both EDS  and ESI files into sysmac with no succes.

Of course the best option would be that OS32C safety scanner from Omron themselves would have build in support for Cip safety at the moment it only support ethernetIP to read out data for diagnostics.

Is there anyone that is running a safety scanner with sysmac with CIP safety or fSoE ? 

If you do I would be very happy to receive the brand from the safety scanner manufacture.

/Best regards.

Keyence SZ-V plays nicely with Omron PLCs

We are all hoping for CIP safety on the OS32C - I'm sure it will happen eventually.

You'll need to make your own EDS file for it with the tool in Sysmac. Pretty straight forward. Do it with the tool or use the attached one I made.

Capture.JPG

016F_0A2A_SZ-V_C12ABC0B.eds

@photovoltaic

Thank you very much for your feedback, It is much appreciated

On 10/18/2021 at 11:19 PM, photovoltaic said:

Keyence SZ-V plays nicely with Omron PLCs

We are all hoping for CIP safety on the OS32C - I'm sure it will happen eventually.

You'll need to make your own EDS file for it with the tool in Sysmac. Pretty straight forward. Do it with the tool or use the attached one I made.

Capture.JPG

016F_0A2A_SZ-V_C12ABC0B.eds

Can you show me where to find this create EDS tool for Sysmac? I can't find it anywhere with my Sysmac. 

Thanks.

18 hours ago, kckku said:

I found it on the Omron site. There's a video. Only available for Sysmac versions 1.45 onwards.

https://automation.omron.com/en/ca/video/player/17891

Correct. Prior to 1.45 you need to use a patch and there is no patch for the SZ-V.