GBowman91

prosoft gateway Upgrading PanelView Standard to PanelView Plus 7

6 posts in this topic

First time posting. I'm upgrading an old Panelview Standard to a PanelView Plus on DH+ using a ProSoft gateway. 

My question: I believe I do have comms established but I'm getting a host of errors  "Data Table N7:100 in SLC at 10.10.10.100 is too small or missing"

It seems as though I'm getting the error for every data table in the old program. I used the import conversion on FT View Studio to replicate the screens and tags and so on. I am diligently doing my research trying to figure out what's going on but thought I'd throw this one into the great ether and see if anyone has an insights. 

Have you set up your communication path in the runtime area for this project, when you import a PV standard this does not get done automatically you need to do it manually.

Is this happening on all I/O addresses/tags, or just the N7 data tables? If all, follow @alan_505's advice above. If only on the data tables., we'll have to dig deeper.

What exact make and model of Prosoft gateway are you using, and how is it configured ?     I presume it's the "AN-X2-AB-DHRIO" model.

What firmware revision do you have in the PanelView Plus terminals ?

Years ago, this couldn't work properly because RSLinx Enterprise couldn't "drill down" through a ControlLogix backplane the way that RSLinx Classic could.

But the Knowledgebase says it has worked with PV+ 6 and PV+7 and the AN-X2-AB-DHRIO since version 8.10 firmware.

To troubleshoot the network bridge and driver configuration, make a test application with just one numeric display and point it at the DH+ station, just to be sure the basic networking stuff works.

I know it's been done successfully. My colleague at a previous employer got a PV+ to talk to PLCs over DH+ using that gateway. I believe he used a SLC 5/04 and a PLC-5 during his experiments. I seem to remember there being something special he had to do to the ProSoft gateway to make it work. He had to reach out to ProSoft tech support. I've had to contact them too, for help with a Profinet/EthernetIP gateway and they were very helpful.

I second Ken's suggestion to make an empty project that has just one tag it's reading. Ether a number or a blinking bit. Once that's working, you can do the rest.You also have to watch your syntax with the tag names and such, using colons and curly braces {} correctly or it won't work.

I'd like to thank all of you for your great suggestions. After exhausting many of these options I did end up calling Prosoft. Their Tech support guy got onto my machine and we went thru the gateway setup. I'd duplicated IP addresses (amateur hour). I'd given the alias address the same IP as the Card itself. Swapped that IP out for a fresh one and the online tag folders appeared instantly and the project was done 2 hours later. Great gateways and great tech support. Chap called Abraham I think. Anyway, thank you all for your time.

1 person likes this