Aoto10

Issue Connecting to PLC through C-Link Network

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to connect to a remote PLC from a remote PLC. I have issues using ethernet but have no issue using a USB cable. Lets call PLC 1(CJ2M-CPU35) is the one I'm connected to and I'm trying to reach PLC 2(CS1H-CPU65H) for remote ladder monitoring. I am connected to the built in ethernet port on PLC1 with my computer. On PLC1 rack is a controller link card that is on network 30 and connects to a controller link card on PLC 2. I drew out the network in a simple form in attached capture.jpg. I open PLC 1 program in CX-programmer and insert and PLC in the project workspace on the left. I enter the settings for PLC 2 Device type and on Network type I select PLC1. In settings for FINS Source I use Network 1 and for FINS Destination I use network 30 and node 6. I try to go online and I can never go online. I can go into CX-Integrator and pull up my network for network 30. I see 6 nodes attached to network 30 which is correct but they all say UnknownDevice. Also I get error messages(reference image 6024 and 6025). 

Now if I use a USB cable directly to PLC1 and set up using Toolbus(USB) for FINS network 1 and node 1. And add PLC2 using FINS network 30 and node 6. This combination works fine for me, in CX-integrator all models of node on the network show up with model numbers and no errors(reference image 6027 and 6028). I can go online with PLC 2 while physically connected to PLC1.

I've tried using EtherNet/IP cards also on PLC1 and still can't connect. I just can't seem to get ethernet to work. I attached the routing table for PLC1 (image 6026) for reference.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Capture.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6027.JPG

IMG_6025.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

Hi,

Been a long time since I used CLK.  Do I remember that you also have to set routing table in node 6, so it knows how to route replies back to node 1.  Have you done that already?

Also remember there was a FINS communication Test tool where you could post Model Read (0501) to each node and unit to test comms 

rgds

BB

@Berti Baker You were correct I needed to add routing table information on node 6 to send messages back to node 1. After that I was able to connect online.

However now my issue is trying to transfer from PLC at node 6 and getting a error message saying "PLC has memory error or UM Protection enabled" I check read protection and seen they were all off. Still investigating this issue.

Last reply, I figured out my memory error or UM Protection error message. I had my connection settings wrong. My FINS destination address had the unit number set as the CLK card and not the CPU. I am now able to read from the targeted CPU.