evanmars

WonderWare noob

3 posts in this topic

Just started with a new company on a line that uses WonderWare 11.1 with RSLogix.

Have never used WonderWare and the development computer is the same as the Runtime computer. Operators need to frequently access the HMI, which makes it difficult to poke around to figure out the software.

My main goal at the moment is to figure out how the tags in the PLC are mapped to the HMI. I believe the tag database is SQL.

Any pointers on how I might view the tags in WW?

Let me take a basic crack at this.

1. Switch from WindowViewer to WindowMaker - requires ADMIN Wonderware Security if Security is on.

2. Doubleclick on the display object you want to know more about

3. Tagname Dictionary should open and show you the tagname and accessname and ItemName - 

3a) Tagname is how Wonderware Refers to the Data Point

3b) AccessName is how Wonderware refers to the Data Source Device {PLC, PC, etc.}

3c) ItemName is how the AccessName calls the Data Point.

Example:

Tagname - MainSysytemState

AccessName - PLC1

ItemName - SystemRunningState

So using RSLogix and monitoring the PLC1 Tag SystemRunningState should mirror what wonderware shows in a display object tied to tag MainSystemState.

1 person likes this

Evan - we have about 9 hours of wonderware training on our site that may be useful.  It was done in version 10, but most of the information still applies to later versions. 

1 person likes this