Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asteroidehk

Help with Sockets AB

9 posts in this topic

Hello Friends

I need to communicate a compactlogix with a Domino printer.

I have searched in google for info and I found that technote AID 33240 can i use.

According with this, it has 2 sample programs.
EWEB_PRINT_SINGLE
EWEB_PRINT_LARGE

I have search for this technote in Rockwell page, but the access is for TechNote Contract that I do not have. 

Could somebody get this info and share to me? (docs and sample programs)

Thanks a lot.

You shouldn't need a Tech Connect contract.  You should be able to create a free account and access all the Tech Notes.

that is correct...

just confirmed. registration is free and even non-corporate emails are accepted (gmail, yahoo etc.)

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/

then search for technote. for example searching for EWEB_PRINT_SINGLE returns single hit:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/33240/loc/en_US#__highlight

panic mode: can you access that technote with a generic (free) login? When I opened it, it said it requires TechConnect:

RequiresTechConnect.PNG.fbab00138781a56d

i tried to login using old yahoo email ("forgot password...") and got notified that account does not exist.

so i registered new account and with this i was able to access it as well as download linked manuals, plc code as well as related tech note.

ab_technote.png

TN_32962.png

I tried with a free count and was not possible to get the info:

Could somebody get this info and share to me? (docs and sample programs)

Thanks a lot.

Sockets.jpg

Your are asking someone to break their terms of their TechConnect contract.  Which can get them kicked out of the program.  When you want something for free that Rockwell has placed behind the wall, you need to talk to your local AB distributor.  They might be able to help you.

1 hour ago, pturmel said:

Your are asking someone to break their terms of their TechConnect contract.  Which can get them kicked out of the program.  When you want something for free that Rockwell has placed behind the wall, you need to talk to your local AB distributor.  They might be able to help you.

This is one of my pet peeves about Rockwell, but it's their material so their rules.

indeed...

one may also just try to create another account using different email . last time i had TechConnect was 20 years ago but clearly using private email and new account did get me through.