GuyMiller

1756-IF8H HART Device Diagnostic Codes

5 posts in this topic

I currently have a Rosemount 87 series flow meter connected to a 1756-IF8H analog input module.. We are not receiving flow from the device, and the channel is showing a diagnostic code of 009... I can not find a diagnostic code list anywhere explaining what this means, has anyone had any experience with the diagnostic codes for HART Devices?

Is that code on the flow meter or the controller's input card? It's been a minute since I've worked with Rosemount transmitters but I seem to recall they give their errors in whole words, such as, "out of range" or "coil overcurrent". But like I said, I'm a bit rusty there. 

If the error code you're talking about is on the input card, it should probably read something like "16#0009". If that is the code you're getting on the input card, you have an invalid card or channel configuration, and you'll have to fix that through Studio5000. 

Any more details you can provide will be helpful in getting this fixed.

I am reading the diagnostic code from the input card under "HART DEVICE INFO" and the associated channel.. It is different then a module fault which would be found on the general tab; I agree those would read something like "16#0009."... The code I am inquiring about should be specific to the HART device connected to the channel

If I understand the situation, the reference to the "Diagnostic Code" is on the HART Device Info tab of the HART module properties.

Being a field device diagnostic code, not a HART/AI module/card diagnostic, its interpretation would come from information from field device documentation.

There's probably a long detailed section in the Rosemount 87 flowmeter manual on HART, or even a separate manual.

Edited by DanW
grammar

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um533_-en-p.pdf

page 223

shows 16#009 channel 0 invalid rate alarm fault.

Rate Alarm The value for the Rate Alarm Limit is entered in scaled engineering units per second. The rate alarm triggers if the rate of change between input samples for each channel exceeds the specified rate-alarm trigger point for that channel. Rate Alarm uses the signal value after filtering by the Module Filter and before the Digital Filter is applied.