kckku

1S Servo brake interlock warning

9 posts in this topic

I am trying to ignore the brake interlock warning by using the warning mask and the EC_CoESDOWrite instruction. According to the manual, you can ignore this warning by writing a 1 into index 4020 and subindex 01. For some reason I am getting an error ID 0406 with this write instruction and I can't find anywhere what this error means. Has anyone done this before? What am I missing here?

2021-09-28_17-12-25.bmp

2021-09-28_17-03-49.bmp

The warning mask is accessible through the drive parameters

Capture.JPG

Subindex should be 05 bit 7  set to 0?

27 minutes ago, BITS N BYTES said:

Subindex should be 05 bit 7  set to 0?

From what I am reading in the manual, setting bit 7 for Subindex 5 will turn this brake interlock warning into an error. Right now this brake interlock warning just appears as an observation. Despite of it being just an observation, it still shows up as a drive warning.

2021-09-29_13-10-08.bmp

1 hour ago, photovoltaic said:

The warning mask is accessible through the drive parameters

Capture.JPG

So I should be able to change this value here to 128? The I can transfer this selection to the drive?

The attribute for this parameter is 'R'. Does this mean the value will reset to '0' when the servo drive is power cycled?

2021-09-29_13-08-34.bmp

1 hour ago, kckku said:

So I should be able to change this value here to 128? The I can transfer this selection to the drive?

The attribute for this parameter is 'R'. Does this mean the value will reset to '0' when the servo drive is power cycled?

2021-09-29_13-08-34.bmp

The value persists through power loss - I just confirmed. R simply means a reset is required to activate the change.

I don't have the alarm on my drive though so I can't confirm if it actually masks it.

19 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

The value persists through power loss - I just confirmed. R simply means a reset is required to activate the change.

I don't have the alarm on my drive though so I can't confirm if it actually masks it.

I just changed the value of 4020.01 to 128. The drive took the change after cycling power. Now the brake interlock warning is masked and there are no more drive warnings.

I still don't understand what the problem is doing it the long way using the EC_CoESDOWrite instruction. Something is invalid but I am not sure what.

2021-09-30_9-17-10.bmp

1 hour ago, kckku said:

I just changed the value of 4020.01 to 128. The drive took the change after cycling power. Now the brake interlock warning is masked and there are no more drive warnings.

I still don't understand what the problem is doing it the long way using the EC_CoESDOWrite instruction. Something is invalid but I am not sure what.

2021-09-30_9-17-10.bmp

I believe it is the datatype of the WriteDat variable. I had a WORD array in there and I got the same error as you. I changed it to a LINT (single, not an array) and it took it. I confirmed with a EC_CoESDORead and it reads back whatever I send. The value is also present in the drive parameters. The read instruction doesn't seen to be as picky about datatypes as it works with a WORD array but writing I had to match the datatype in the manual (INT32/LINT).

Capture.JPG

Edited by photovoltaic

37 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

I believe it is the datatype of the WriteDat variable. I had a WORD array in there and I got the same error as you. I changed it to a LINT and it took it. I confirmed with a EC_CoESDORead and it reads back whatever I send.

Capture.JPG

@photovoltaic:

You are right about the WriteDat variable datatype. I changed this to DINT to match the range of the 4020 object. The instruction works now and I can freely write to 4020.01.

Thanks for the help. I guess the lesson here is the datatype must match whatever you are trying to write to.

2021-09-30_11-06-05.bmp