Link068

"PLC No Response" NB HMI Omron

13 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody,

I continued to work on project this morning but I seem to be plagued with the "PLC No Response" error. This error will only come up when I assign a PLC address to a particular object. 

614545f5758a3_MicrosoftTeams-image(44).t

I have followed the steps in the post(https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/39885-nb-designer-hmi-plc-no-response-error-solved/) to try and clear the error but am having no luck.

In the screenshot I have assigned the large "Start Process" as a bit button with the write address being W50.00. When the button is pressed it should trigger a bit in the PLC but this is when the error appears. During this test I am connected to the PLC and in run mode with the PLC and HMI address assigned correctly. I have read and followed the section in the manual regarding "PLC No Response" but still no positive results. 

I just want to check that there is nothing I have done at a programmer end that could cause these issues. I am happy to provide files.

Thanks,

Ryan

What communication method are you using? Ethernet or Serial? sharing both the PLC and HMI will be helpful

13 hours ago, photovoltaic said:

What communication method are you using? Ethernet or Serial? sharing both the PLC and HMI will be helpful

Using Ethernet. Keep in mind this code is still a work in progress so not everything will be assigned correctly. 

Tray Dryer.cxp

Tray Dryer PROLEC.nbp

So the NB designer needs a whole bunch of files to go with it. I can't open just the .nbp file.

However - I think I see the problem in the PLC. PLC Settings -> Built-in Ethernet -> FINS Node No. : This should be the last octet of your IP ( 1 in your case)

In the NB since I can't open the project I'll just show you the settings(see attached). Your IPs may vary but remember the last octet of the IP is the station number.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

I am having the same issue.

And now that you mention the last octet, I remember reading this somewhere. But it isn’t mentioned in the NB manual.

At least not in the connection section.

killer is when I plug the Ethernet cable in the Ethernet light on the PLC flickers very fast. So I knew I was close just not quite there.

Hope this works when I get to work.

What is it with Omron manuals? Why can’t they put a working example in the manual.

If this works it will be such a simple fix. But Omron has to make a simple thing as complicated as possible!

Rob

Well the node setting with octet didnt work ether

No response from plc

1 hour ago, Robafe said:

Well the node setting with octet didnt work ether

No response from plc

Can you share your PLC and HMI projects? HMI projects need a lot of files with them, not just the .nbp file.Also - Have you assigned a network number previously and are using it or are you using 0?

First......

PLC CP1L-EM

NB 5Q

I wrote the program with the NB connected to SERIAL port 1 and it worked great.

Is there something else needed to be set up in the PLC to make this ETHERNET connection ? ? ? 
Very Frustrating

Do I have to use a Omron Fins Ethernet Router ? 

Rob

1 hour ago, Robafe said:

First......

PLC CP1L-EM

NB 5Q

I wrote the program with the NB connected to SERIAL port 1 and it worked great.

Is there something else needed to be set up in the PLC to make this ETHERNET connection ? ? ? 
Very Frustrating

Do I have to use a Omron Fins Ethernet Router ? 

Rob

There are no Omron FINS Ethernet routers, FINS works on normal switches/routers. Its always good practice to use an unmanaged switch at first as I have seen some managed switches block FINS.

All the PLC needs is an IP address on the same subnet as the HMI and a node number setup in the PLC settings. If you use network 0 you don't even need to use additional programs.

I have this issue on this site a couple of times hoping to get some more eyes on the problem

SO this is long but interesting..

Here is what i have found out....

I connected the NB to a Brand New CP1L-EM

I put the IP in it and the NB connected. Gone was the (No response from plc)

So i loaded my my program in the new PLC and I can press buttons on the display and see the W bit turn on. Wow progress .......

BUT

I noticed the button I pressed was supposed to put a value into a DM and that didnt happen..

The value was for a screen change.

DM 0000 is for screen change. what ever value you put there the NB will screen change to. (As long as there is a screen setup)

When I checked DM 000 I noticed all values were (0). So I loaded the values from my backup of the original PLC...

Now the NB will NOT CONNECT. Just like the original PLC

There is something in the memory that has been transferred to the new PLC.....

So HOW do I default the PLC back to its original state ??? I tried leaving the power off and  battery disconnected all night and everything is still in there.

Why do I always get the weird stuff ? A tough love leaning process !!!!!

Thanks 

Rob

Put the PLC in program mode and then go to PLC -> Clear All Memory Areas

Thanks photovoltaic

Update on this issue

New PLC works with a straight connection or across the network with the NB

But

(DM 0000) that is the screen change control has no effect on the NB 

I can input data and it shows data but no more screen change control.

And I have buttons on the screen that update the screen I want to be in based on if statements.

Just for the hell of it I connected the origonal PLC and no way will it connect over TCIP to the screen even though the settings are the same 

as they are on the new plc.

So now to figure out why the screen will not respond to D-0000

Rob

Found the issue

The display scrambled a bunch of settings including PLC Control where the setting is that allows the screen to be controlled by the PLC.

I also found w-bit changed to other settings all through the NB program.

Dont know what would make that happen. I was using Ethernet to program the screen and changed to USB.

Never had any issues with Ethernet.

Rob