jpratik92

Allen bradley Class 3 MSG at 100%

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a L82 having ethernet connection with 3 HAAS CNCs and other ethernet device. The ethernet card EN2T is at 19% capacity. But my Controller MESSAGE CORE is at 100%. How do it get it down so that we can have faster and better communication ? 

I have attached the picture of the Tasks: 

Tasks.PNG

An L82's built-in Ethernet port has many times the capacity of any of the chassis-based ethernet modules.  The L8x processors also have a dedicated, separate CPU core just for messaging.  Start by moving your network connection to the processor.

Thank You for the reply ! What do you mean my Move the network connection to the processor ? 

My PLC and EN2T are on two different network. 

The EN2t is used for TCP/IP communication and SCADA data collection. 

Edited by jpratik92

Switch them.  Run the machine I/O from the EN2T, and the SCADA from the built-in port.

I would be interested in hearing a bit more on this when you swap some things around.  The class 3 msg has to do with HMIs, SCADA and other unscheduled communications including uploads/downloads.  It may be that swapping things around as pturmel mentions will clear things up.  One thing I saw with a quick google was people saying that firmware versions < 32 seemed to have issues with locking up class 3 comms.  I don't have any direct experience with this so just passing on what I've read.  Either way please update this thread when you have moved things around a bit.