Robror

CP1E won't connect or run program

8 posts in this topic

Hi there! Today a CP1E-E10DR-D suddenly stopped working. RUN led was off and I couldn't connect to it via USB getting this error: "Selected port does not exist. Select proper port number from Change PLC dialog and press OK button", and automatic online function didn't work as well(it's not a cable/driver problem since I successfully connected to a CJ2 CPU using same cable and PC). Since I also tried to connect with the CPU outside the control cabinet with no success, I asume there is something wrong at hardware level. 

My question is, have you ever faced something like this? My plan is to try to revive it somehow (maybe trying to locate any defective component in the PCBs or something). So I was just wondering if you have any advice in order to achieve it. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Robror

What is the status of the error lights on the front of the CPU?  Without that info, we would be guessing...

59 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

What is the status of the error lights on the front of the CPU?  Without that info, we would be guessing...

Hi, no other led is on, just the green power led. Connection is impossible and sometimes the inputs seem to get stuck on the current state when you press the CPU (happened connecting the USB port, for example). I mean, the machine is simple and has four photoelectric sensors that are continuously changing its state when bottles are passing and sometimes the inputs' leds stay on or off when connecting/disconnecting the USB cable or tapping the CPU itself, despite that bottles are still passing.

Edited by Robror

Sounds like a hardware failure...

I have the same problem with the CP1L, only the Power Led lights up and the USB and serial communication is in error "port does not exist"

Sounds like a hardware fault

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I guess there is no solution for that?

On 6/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, oscar valencia said:

Thank you very much for the quick answer. I guess there is no solution for that?

Solution is to buy new hardware.