Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoraJayson

PLC connection problem, it keep disconnecting on my laptop

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, currently I'm using NX1P2 PLC for my project. So I'm just using it to transfer data from PLC to my PC but I faced 1 major problem right now which is the connection. I have few experience working on PLC but this time I faced an issue which I don't know how to solve it.

So the problem here is, my NX1P2 can't connect stable to my my PLC, initially I thought it was the cable problem, after I changed several cable it's still the same, so I thought it was my ethernet port problem but I can connect it to the internet and also Delta PLC, at last I thought it was PLC problem so I connected it to my colleague PC, they got a stable connection and able to program it.

My ethernet keep on displaying "Enabled > Identifying > Unplugged", I check my Ethernet port, it using Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (6) I219-V.

Tried to solve it for few days already, anyone faced this problem before? 

I have not had your specific issue and by the sound of it you have done a pretty good job of trying to troubleshoot so far. The following points might help if you haven't tried them already:

• I assume this PLC is being connected direct to you PC. Have you manually set up the IP address etc on you PC?
  • Is you colleague's PC running the same version of Windows as yours? Sometimes different version do different things (I have no idea why. That's above my pay grade :-2)
  • This might not be possible, but are you able to connect the PLC to a router, connect your computer to that router and see if you can access it that way? (the router will need to be set up to use the relevant IP address range that the PLC is using).
  • As you're using a laptop, is your WiFi turned off (airplane mode works well) when trying to connect to the PLC? I have had issues with this in the past.

Can't think of anything else to try at the moment, best of luck :-)

Edited by BE
thought of something else :)