bavly

plc coursed

5 posts in this topic

i am still student in the faculty of engineer , which courses should I take for start on plc and automation major ?

You might start by watching the youtube videos from twcontrols.  He does a real good job on the basics.

1 person likes this

i would say do not specialize on one thing. technology is evolving and products are changing but principles are the same. if you learn one product, that will be of little use to work with another. but if you know principles you can easily adopt and work on any product

learn general computing, programming etc. this should prepare you for anything software related. get involved in programming and cover as much as you can handle. at the lowest level learn about data types, bit and string manipulation, but do not stop there. 

learn about electrical circuits and focus on function on things like basic components and circuits (R, L, C, Diode, transistor, scr, transformer), this will allow sizing transformers, PSU and interfacing to other equipment, understanding of galvanic isolation etc.

math is one thing most people avoid. but this is really empowering.

1 person likes this

Seeing the post from @panic mode made me think of another area to also get some training on if you're going into automation, don't neglect the mechanical.  Many times the best programs are foiled by a rusty bearing.

2 people like this