Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Factory Talk View SE - Application Migration

5 posts in this topic

I have a running Windows 7 System with Factory Talk View SE Distributed Network Application Version 6.10 running both server and client functions.

I need to move this to a Windows 10 System with Factory Talk View SE Distributed Network Application Version 10.00 running both server and client functions.

Both 6.10 and 10.00 have the Server Backup-Restore Tool and I can easily move the Application Folder from one system to another.

The problem is I cannot find Distributed Application Manager on the 6.10 system to create the *.apb file the Distributed Application Manager on V10.00 wants.

Anyone point me to instructions for this , seemingly simple migration, that isn't so simple.

Bob,

I did an upgrade like yours a few years ago. The application manager was not added until a later version. 

I had to do it piece by piece, one server at a time.

There are a couple of gotcha's with VB scripting also. 

Good thing I'm holding to the "We appreciate your patience, all of our representatives are still assisting other callers, please remain on the line and your call will be answered in the order it was received." At Tech Connect.

Yep, I think I got that same response.