Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yung_Craig

How to add a confirmation pop up screen to a button in GT designer3?

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to make a button that toggles a bit that controls the mode of a pump. However, the button is easily pressed without realizing so I am looking for a way to confirm the toggle via a pop-up screen that asks if the user is sure they want to do that, but I cant figure out how to do so. Is anyone able to help?

You would have to make a popup window and have the button call that window, then put the pump button on that popup window.

Keep in mind there are also settings that can require the button to be held for a time (on-delay) or make it get pressed twice in a very short time.

1 person likes this

Thank you so much! That works well, but I would like the pop up screen to close when they confirm the button. I cant seem to figure out how to do this. I tried adding an action to the button that screen switches back to the base screen, but it stays up. Is there a way to do this? 

There should be an action to close a window page, or perhaps set the window page number displayed to zero?

Maybe you could try to set a bit to display the pop up and reset the bit when user click on the confirm button?

On 8/27/2021 at 8:44 AM, Crossbow said:

There should be an action to close a window page, or perhaps set the window page number displayed to zero?

This ^

Set your button with two actions, one for the pump switch and another for window screen = 0.

1 person likes this