TigerLily

NA SD Card Transfer Getting OS Version Mismatch

12 posts in this topic

I am having some trouble at a customer's site getting a program transferred from an SD Card to update the HMI program in an NA Screen.  I am not there but when the customer tried to transfer the new code they got a message "OS Version Mismatch - Install OS 7.4.0 the user program expects."

I am not sure what to advise them because I can't find this when I search the NA manuals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am in NY and they are in China so I can not even reach out to Omron Tech Support right now because they are closed.

I attached a screen shot of the HMI.

Thank you!!!

2021-08-20_22-40-39.png

I believe it means that the program is system  version 7.4 and the HMI is a lower system version.

Capture.JPG

This is not an NS screen but an NA, so it is using the new Sysmac software.  As far as I can tell in the Sysmac software there is no version 7.4, the highest my software goes is Version 1.14, so I really am not sure what this message is referring to.

2021-08-23_5-42-32.png

The hardware OS version is associated with a project version. I don't know where to find this information without installing it first. I have a screen on my bench. My project version is 1.13 and it installs OS version 8.1.0 to the screen.

I have always found this confusing with all the different versions. The attached chart helps to explain it.

I am guessing the project file needs to be changed to version 7.4.0 for the restore to work? 

2021-08-23_8-05-10.bmp

1 person likes this

Thank you for that chart, it is quite confusing, I could not agree more!!

My Sysmac studio is version 1.44, the program loaded on that screen is runtime version 1.10 which matches the program version that this program is set to but according to the chart it wants the version to be set to 1.12?

I will try to set it to 1.12 and see if that works, thank you for your help!!!

Thank you kckku! So it is in the manual. For the record, this chart can be found in section A-5-3 of V118-E1-19 NA-Series Software User's Manual.

1 person likes this

Ok, so I have had the chance to contact tech support at Omron and I have to update the OS in the screen because Sysmac has updated since this system shipped several years ago...so even though my screen is old and I never changed the version I guess the OS needs to be updated to be compatible with the changes in Sysmac (my assumption).  Now I am having trouble finding the NA_RecoverUpdate_7_4_0.exe file that I need to update the HMI via the SD card.

The manual excerpt is attached along with the full instructions in case anyone else ever needs them, but it sounds like it wants me to use the original installation disc, that does not make sense to me since our software disc is at least 6 years old so this OS wouldn't exist yet!  Does anyone know where these recovery files are available?

2021-08-23_19-06-11.png

System_Recovery_Instructions.pdf

17 hours ago, TigerLily said:

Ok, so I have had the chance to contact tech support at Omron and I have to update the OS in the screen because Sysmac has updated since this system shipped several years ago...so even though my screen is old and I never changed the version I guess the OS needs to be updated to be compatible with the changes in Sysmac (my assumption).  Now I am having trouble finding the NA_RecoverUpdate_7_4_0.exe file that I need to update the HMI via the SD card.

The manual excerpt is attached along with the full instructions in case anyone else ever needs them, but it sounds like it wants me to use the original installation disc, that does not make sense to me since our software disc is at least 6 years old so this OS wouldn't exist yet!  Does anyone know where these recovery files are available?

2021-08-23_19-06-11.png

System_Recovery_Instructions.pdf

Omron France has a link to these files. They don't have 7.4.0 listed but they have version 7.3.0

https://www.support-omron.fr/rechercher/?r=recover+update

I checked my Omron DVD (version 1.25) and it only has version 7.2.1

2021-08-24_12-51-44.bmp

Omron doesn't make this easy for sure. It can really become a nightmare with new Sysmac updates and old HMIs in the field.

Edited by kckku

The files are all already on your PC from the Sysmac Studio install.  You don't need anything other than Sysmac Studio to update an HMI OS. And the HMI files are updated when you install updates to Sysmac Studio.  So you should already have everything you need.

When you connect to the HMI from Sysmac Studio, it will prompt you to upgrade or downgrade the OS based on the project you have open.  The files are all present, and it should already have them selected.  So just connect to the HMI and let it update the OS.  This will erase the project already in the HMI.  So you can either upgrade the OS, or change the device selected to match the HMI's loaded OS.

Once you are done and you put the new project in, export an updated copy to the SD card.

The OS  is not stored in the SD card project files.

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The files are all already on your PC from the Sysmac Studio install.  You don't need anything other than Sysmac Studio to update an HMI OS. And the HMI files are updated when you install updates to Sysmac Studio.  So you should already have everything you need.

When you connect to the HMI from Sysmac Studio, it will prompt you to upgrade or downgrade the OS based on the project you have open.  The files are all present, and it should already have them selected.  So just connect to the HMI and let it update the OS.  This will erase the project already in the HMI.  So you can either upgrade the OS, or change the device selected to match the HMI's loaded OS.

Once you are done and you put the new project in, export an updated copy to the SD card.

The OS  is not stored in the SD card project files.

Might be a problem if the customer is remote and doesn't have access to Sysmac Studio. I can see this happening.

@kckku that is the exact problem we have, my Sysmac disc is from 2016 and our customer is in China with no access to Sysmac Studio.  I had to download a current ISO of the latest Sysmac Studio software to get the files I needed, but I think we should be all set now that we have them! I will just try to get a copy of the most current ISO when there is a revision so we are prepared.

Thank you to everyone!!