iakostav

c200h Help for CX Programmer Connection to a C200H-CPU21 PLC

12 posts in this topic

Dear Forum,

Recently, i needed to backup (Upload) the configuration and the code of some old OMRON PLCs. The PLCs are the C200H-CPU21(See attached picture C200H PLC.jpg).

6112ff0ead0b3_C200HPLC.jpg.70aa8c968d213

As i understood from the manual, i need to install CX Programmer in my Laptop and connect somehow to the CPU.
Also, according to the manual, i should follow the connection described in the attached picture (Connection Diagram.jpg).

6113000812d41_ConnectionDiagram.thumb.JP

I don't have the C200H-IP007 interface.

Can you tell me what kind of cables (combination) do i need to perform the connection to a PC? Do i need to buy the C200H-IP007 interface?

Any help will be acceptable.

Best Regards,

Argyrios

For a C200H, you will require a host link, either a rack mounted type (would have to turn the PLC off to mount it) or a 3G2A6-LK201E CPU mounted portable host link. You may also require a stand off to lift the host link above any I/O cards that are mounted next to the processor. You may be able to find these on E-bay. And then make a cable to use with it.

17 hours ago, BobB said:

For a C200H, you will require a host link, either a rack mounted type (would have to turn the PLC off to mount it) or a 3G2A6-LK201E CPU mounted portable host link. You may also require a stand off to lift the host link above any I/O cards that are mounted next to the processor. You may be able to find these on E-bay. And then make a cable to use with it.

Thank you for your answer. So if i understood correctly i need to buy this:
61140bc68a155_HostLink.JPG.751062595284b

And mount it somehow to the PLC Rack. Can you tell me where can i mount it?

My PLC Rack is in the attached picture:
61140c5be2761_PLCRack.jpg.a357acb65695c7

Thank you again!

Looking at the picture, I would say no.

That host link unit goes into the rack like an I/O card.

I am not seeing an open slot.

Edit:

Reading the rest of your post, you should be able to remove one of the OCxxx modules to install the host link.

gtsuport

Edited by gtsuport

No - one of these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/284394346071?hash=item4237395657:g:SyEAAOSwsDthCB~E

You will probably have to take the terminal blocks off a couple of those card to get it to fit though or buy a stand off adaptor - cannot remember the catalogue number.

I have all this old stuff in my shed - have not used it in 15 years.

Thank you for your answers.

Can you make a sample diagram (Even in ms paint) for the hole solution for connection to a PC?

In my mind there is the following diagram:

6117bb5f49769_ConnectionDiagram_C200H.th

Can you Please Confirm this Diagram? Do i need a specific RS232C Cable for connecting  3G2A6-LK201-E and my PC? Can i use the RS232 to USB Converter from Prolific?

Thank you in advance!

Argyris

You will need to make up a cable - non standard. Somewhere in the files section there is an article on how to make the cable. No time to find it right now - going to work.

1 hour ago, BobB said:

You will need to make up a cable - non standard. Somewhere in the files section there is an article on how to make the cable. No time to find it right now - going to work.

BobB are you talking about the configuration Shown in attached PDF?

Thank you for your reply!

[349]Omron_PLC_Semi_Universal_Cable.pdf

No that is for a 9 pin host link. Still working - will have a look tonight when home.

second page of the pdf should be correct.

6 hours ago, gtsuport said:

second page of the pdf should be correct.

Thank you for your Help. I will create my own cable and buy the necessary parts. I will update the outcome of this procedure.