Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mohsin Abdul Karim

Rack error is detected

6 posts in this topic

I am facing an error on slc5/05.fault description is "rack data error is detected"

That would be bad.  I would power down, pull all the cards out of the chassis, clean their contacts, and re-assemble.  If that doesn't work, you will have to try inhibiting all the cards, then uninhibiting one at a time to see if a particular card is dying.

Sadly, the SLC500 doesn't allow inhibiting, unless I missed an important feature over all these years...

@Joe E.the SLC and micrologic both support inhibiting. in the status file under the IO tab.

by setting bit to "0" in S:11 & S:12 slot you can turn cards off. Now this is rack size dependent i mention this cuz i do this a lot when debugging logic with a process but not having the specific I/O cards i need. this also allows you to write to the memory locations were the cards would be, so you can write complimentary logic to debug your program.

7 hours ago, Mohsin Abdul Karim said:

I am facing an error on slc5/05.fault description is "rack data error is detected"

So first things first, what @pturmel suggested is a good starting point. Do you have any analog cards in the chassis? If you do one of those is most likely the cause of your issue. When they fail the processor usually cant tell what slot is causing the issue standard digital I/O cards don't seem to have that issue in my experience.  Remove your analog cards one at a time and  inhibit in program and see if fault goes away, or if you have replacement cards swap them one at a time till you find the misbehaving card.

13 minutes ago, plcguy98 said:

@Joe E.the SLC and micrologic both support inhibiting. in the status file under the IO tab.

by setting bit to "0" in S:11 & S:12 slot you can turn cards off. Now this is rack size dependent i mention this cuz i do this a lot when debugging logic with a process but not having the specific I/O cards i need. this also allows you to write to the memory locations were the cards would be, so you can write complimentary logic to debug your program.

Woah! How the heck did I make it this long in the SLC world without knowing about that tab?!? Thank you, sir!

On 06/08/2021 at 07:24, Mohsin Abdul Karim said:

Estou enfrentando um erro no slc5 / 05. A descrição da falha é "um erro de dados do rack foi detectado"

EU enfrentei o mesmo problema ( A rack data error is detected. Check slot 7) 

Solução foi trocar o cartão (slot 7)