Qasem

SLC5/03 - FTV

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is there chances to run factorytalk project and communicate to the SLC5/03?

The following hardware is available for connecting the PLC:

USB Converter 1747-UIC

Null Modem Cable Serial DF1

Which PanelView do you plan on using and how far away from the PLC will it be, is the serial port on the SLC 5/03 being used for anything?

Alan

7 hours ago, Qasem said:

Is there chances to run factorytalk project and communicate to the SLC5/03?

Yes.

7 hours ago, Qasem said:

The following hardware is available for connecting the PLC:

USB Converter 1747-UIC

Null Modem Cable Serial DF1

These cables will not work. 

The easiest option is to use the serial port (DF1) if it is available. You can purchase this cable or build it yourself.

To use the RJ45 port (DH485), you'll need to purchase a PanelView Plus with a DH485 module. If you are replacing an old panel, have a look at this document. https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/ap/2711p-ap005_-en-p.pdf

Edited by IO_Rack
Wrong link

Do the newer PV+7s support communication modules? My understanding is that they don't, but I could be way wrong about that. I do know that the Red Lion G3 and CR series HMIs natively support the 5/03 through the DH485 port. At my previous plant, we had several G3s connected to 5/03s that way. It took only a cable, no protocol converter or gateway device.

2 hours ago, Joe E. said:

Do the newer PV+7s support communication modules? My understanding is that they don't, but I could be way wrong about that.

My mistake on the above link. You are correct. 

PanelView Plus 6 can support DH485. Serial is still the easiest and least expensive method.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/ap/2711p-ap006_-en-p.pdf

6 hours ago, alan_505 said:

Which PanelView do you plan on using and how far away from the PLC will it be, is the serial port on the SLC 5/03 being used for anything?

Alan

The plant panel View is damaged

Our planing is to convert the PBA files in FactoryView studio and get the HMI in the desktop