Matax

My servo motor won't turn

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am using servo motor (HG-KN13J), servo amplifier(MR-JE-10C) and PLC(FX5UC-32MT/DSS-TS). Using programs MR Configurator2 and Melsoft GX Works3.

I am trying to make the servo motor go to a position, but it just doesn't turn. I checked if maybe the pulses are not going through the PLC, but with testing i saw that the PLC is outputting pulses. I a using position control mode and using CH3 on servo amplifier for high speed I/O.

I tried using PLSY, DRVI, DRVA and DRVTBL, none of these blocks make the servo turn.

Im thinking maybe there is something i have set wrong in MR Configurator2 or maybe I don't have high speed I/O set right. I checked all the datasheets, looked at tutorials for beginners and still didn't find a way to turn the servo motor. Maybe u guys can help me.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

ALM is on so there should be an alarm. Have you checked with MR config ?

If the ALM is on it means there is no alarm.

Screenshot_7.png

What do you mean by "  I a using position control mode and using CH3 on servo amplifier for high speed I/O"?

How is the pulse train input status set?

Input_Status.thumb.jpg.04bb3047067adb48c

The Pulse Input I have on Positive logic and Pulse train + SIgn.

"I am using position control mode and using CH3 on servo amplifier for high speed I/O" by this I mean that, I am not using the CN1 (ethernet connection) for PLC and servo amplifier where you don't need to set the high speed I/O. I want to control the servo amplifier with CN3 where I need to set the high speed I/O.

Screenshot_8.png

What wiring diagram did you use for pulse train signals?

As i racall MR-JE C pulse inputs PP and NP are source type (no PP2 and NP2 for sink like MR-JE_A series).and can be connected with Sink type PLC outputs or Differential outputs from special motion/positioning modules.

You are using /DSS PLC with source logic outputs and one common V+ terminal...

Yes I am using source wiring for DSS PLC, so I wired servo amplifier also source way. So does that mean i can't do anything to fix this problem other than switching PLC or servo amplifier. I thought there was an error in my program, because everything else worked, just the pulses I was sending didn't work.

I wired the servo amplifier as shown on image, but I switched the + and - on the voltage source.

Screenshot_10.png

Yep, you need to change CPU type to MT/DS, MT/ES or add FX5-16ET/ES-H module to current PLC.

You can also try Modbus RTU over built in RS485 port and ModBus TCP or CC-link IE Field Network Basic over the Ethernet port to control the servo.

Profile mode: https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/servo/sh030254/sh030254engc.pdf

CC-link IE Field Network Basic mode: https://ru3a.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/ru/dl/12696/MR-JE-C_Instruction_Manual_CC-Link_IE_Field_Network_Basic_sh030256b.pdf

Modbus RTU mode: https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/servo/sh030177/sh030177c.pdf

Modbus/TCP can be used on servo amplifiers with software version A3 or later. Modbus RTU can be used on servo amplifiers with software version A4 or later.

Edited by glavanov

Thank you for helping me.

I will propably do it with the ethernet port then.