Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unbiased

TSX 17-20 Software

4 posts in this topic

Hello, denizens of Mr.PLC. I'm trying to talk to an old TSX17-20, and have acquired the DOS files for PL7 22. However, when installing via floppy drive, I'm getting a fatal error saying that the User Interface is missing.

FATAL ERROR: 251

Your Telemecanique system in incomplete.
Ensure that User Interface is correctly installed.

I'm aware that PL722 (and PL7-1/2/3, etc.) require Telemecanique's DOS User Interface to run, but I can't for the life of me find installation files, and, as it is no longer supported by Schneider, no luck getting it from their site. Apparently, it used to be hosted there.

Would any of you wonderful folk have the links or files to this user interface?

Apparently, PL7 22 5.0/5.1 have never required/no longer require a license. It was a drag to find these files, so I'm posting the PL722 files (in two zips, representing the two floppies) so that there's an easy to find reference for them.

PL722D1.ZIP

PL722D2.ZIP

Edited by unbiased

Pretty sure that software is not legal to share for free, even though it is obsolete.  Just because it doesn't need a license number, doesn't mean it doesn't have a licensed user agreement, and just because it's obsolete doesn't actually make it free.  Might want to be careful sharing it.

I had all 3 disks years ago, but the DVD I archived all that old stuff on won't read anymore.  Sorry!

Hello

Well, the legal position of "abandoneware" aside, I have a similar problem.

A system has an old TSX17, and the PLC needs to be replaced with something more up-to-date. However, the OEM that built the system (helpfully left a plate with their name and phone number attached to the cabinet) has gone out of business. Nobody in-house has a backup copy of the program. So I'd like to find a way to extract the program. I don't need to use the program as an editor, just to read out the program then view the existing ladder code.

If there is someone in the UK who has a licensed copy of the program (and the programming lead) we'd be happy to pay them to read the program out. However, we haven't been able to find anyone with that capability.

In the absence of that, does any one have a copy of the software I can use for the one time then erase?

Back when I worked for a Modicon distributor we had the software, I upgraded a few of them.  I don't still have a copy.  Do you have the proper programming cable?  Because those were nearly impossible to find, and not something that is easily made from what I remember... had electronics inside the cable.  I would think a long-term Schneider Electric distributor would have the capacity to get your program out for you... might want to look who sells Schneider Electric in your area.