Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mibuttic

90-30 Series Old Program Returns

5 posts in this topic

On 05/09/2005 at 7:44 PM, Steve Bailey said:

The field to the right of the text "ENTER PASSWORD TO CHANGE ACCESS LEVEL" is for moving between levels. It isn't obvious that there are other fields to move to, but use the up or down cursor keys to move to the field to the right of the access level whose password you want to change. Then type in the new password and hit <ENTER>. You will be asked if you want to write the password to the PLC. You must be ONLINE to enter a new password. It can't be done while you're in OFFLINE or MONITOR. Is this the same PLC as in your other thread? You mentioned software version 9.05. Is that the PLC version (from the Logicmaster 90 Status screen) or the Logicmaster 90-30 version?

Hi dear i have 90-30 cpu 351 problem is when i clear the memory and load new program and switch off power and switch on the old program comes back.please suggest me.thanks

This is an old thread and your question isn't really related to the original topic.

But, the most likely reason for what you're experiencing is that the CPU is configured to load its program from flash memory when RAM memory is blank. You will need to clear flash memory or change CPU configuration.

Hopefully @Steve Bailey answered your question @mibuttic  .

I created a new topic more suited to what you were asking,

Should others encounter your issue.

On 14/07/2021 at 2:07 AM, Steve Bailey said:

This is an old thread and your question isn't really related to the original topic.

But, the most likely reason for what you're experiencing is that the CPU is configured to load its program from flash memory when RAM memory is blank. You will need to clear flash memory or change CPU configuration.

Dear could you please guide me how change cpu configuration.

In Proficy Machine Edition software, open the hardware configuration for the PLC and double click on the CPU module. The field labeled "Logic/Configuration from" will probably be set to "PROM". Set it back to "RAM" and then download the revised configuration to the PLC. The PLC must be stopped while you download the configuration.