Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan leach

Simatic Manager program issue

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I have had a s7 program sent to me from a machine builder that is missing the actual hardware configuration and current program file, all I get is the S7 folders from previous versions of the program

A first it thought it was a mistake by them but after lots of backwards and forwards they are saying they are emailing the full program, we have tried we transfer, archive and saved program but they all open the same

am I missing something stupid here as I cannot see the hardware configuration or program folder that we usually sit under it in the program tree

Below what I can see when I open project in simatic manager

60f01ec35cb0c_Garador1.thumb.png.0438e30

This what I would usually see when opening a project i

60f01f5194e61_Gara2.thumb.png.18194482ab

Help much appreciated ! Going crazy here........

Have you sent them those screenshots and asked specifically for the full archive file that contains UDTs, symbols, and hardware configuration?

What do you see when you expand the "AG_..." folders?

Edited by Joe E.

Hi

yes I have explained all of this to them and they have sent screens shot saying the program they have sent is the full program, I cant do what I need to do as I don't Have the UDT's to be able to modify the program

they have advised my install of simatic manager is faulty...

I have opened the file on an old XP machine and it is the same so rules out Simatic Manager issue, it think...

the AG folders are old uploads for whatever reason they do not contain the UDT'S and various other program blocks

I have done an upload and compared the program blocks they sent to give me a program I can use, but I don't have the UDT's and typically need to modify a FB that uses the UDT

1 person likes this

I no longer have a license for Simatic Manager or I'd ask you to send me a copy of the archive to see if it opens on my machine, but the fact that you've tried it on two PCs does seem to rule out that kind of issue.

How are they sending you the project? Are they using the Archive/Retrieve functions inside Simatic Manager or are they just sending you the files? I've had projects transferred before by just copying the files over, but they strongly recommend using Archive/Retrieve instead.