j.brophy@corkillsystems

Buttons with graphics in NA

13 posts in this topic

So I have created created some graphics for my display but it seems I cant use them as buttons directly.

It looks like I can only use images or create image-less buttons on top of my graphics but I'm unable to actually use them as buttons directly or am I missing something ?

I see that I can view code of the background page and maybe assign a subroutine or event to that grouped object but it seems like a long winded stupid option.

image.jpg.00bd9f09fb424e46902341ad423227

Edited by j.brophy@corkillsystems

You have a few options for this function.

For the Image object, you can select an Event and Action.

Mr_PLC_ImageButton.JPG.bb93f8fa583fb6fa3

You may also use a Button then make it an Image type. With this type, you can change the image when it is pressed.

Mr_PLC_ButtonImage.JPG.e6b16533e1df11100

1 person likes this

Yes that works for an image but not for graphics created in Sysmac studio I cant add events to graphics as it seems.

I have drawn an object grouped it and stored it as a custom library object but I cant seem to use my graphics or the built in graphics for that matter.

I'm guessing the only way to do it is to create a subroutine or event for the page specify the element or object name for custom graphics but I'm not really sure how to do this or if I can.

As you see below I have the grist case object highlighted and showing the events and property's but I can't add events and actions to it. I can make it visible based on an variable in the properties window but i cant add events to it.

I cant use the created graphics as an image either from creating a button or image object

what I could do is print screen the graphics save it as a png /jpeg etc but in this case it wont work.

As the image is square and my mill auger on an angle would overlap the gristcase image button as I cant just use the image as the button the background of the image also becomes part of the button.

For an example If I just create a single graphics element (a circle for instance) I can create an event and action but if I grouped two circles together into a grouped object I can't create an event for the object.

gristcase.thumb.jpg.80584077050db222f432 

can create event:

circle.jpg.b4e7de1134a3f80fab858d4a6cb72

Can't create event:

60e5110a49ead_circle-Copy.jpg.43ae7a48e9

Edited by j.brophy@corkillsystems

9 hours ago, j.brophy@corkillsystems said:

For an example If I just create a single graphics element (a circle for instance) I can create an event and action but if I grouped two circles together into a grouped object I can't create an event for the object.

Create the Event first, then perform the Group. You can then group with the built in graphics as well. Make sure to put the shape on top and transparent. In case you don't already know, I find it easy to use the Page Explorer when editing objects inside a group.

Mr_PLC_ButtonImage3.JPG.fa10888f62ad7979

Groups cant have events, only individual objects can have events.

maybe just put a button or a rectangle, transparent in front

15 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Groups cant have events, only individual objects can have events.

I have come to this conclusion, it would be nice if that could add this function in a software/ fimrware update, adding the ability to add graphics to a button would be nice also.

13 hours ago, sergeFR said:

I think this might be the easiest option.

Edited by professor_jonny

6 hours ago, professor_jonny said:
20 hours ago, sergeFR said:

I think this might be the easiest option.

If you feel this is a messy option, try using an existing object inside the built in graphic.

Mr_PLC_ButtonImage4.thumb.JPG.e1a6ac3fe0

Images can already be specified for buttons.  But screen objects like circles, rectangles, etc. cannot be used inside of a switch, they are objects, not graphics.  You would need a graphic file (BMP/JPG/etc.) to attach to the off and on states.

Someone provided a link earlier to a large library of graphics for NA.  

And the other option was a transparent button with no frame laid over screen objects.  Keep in mind you can also make screens overlap each other to make this easier.  Set one page to have a background that points at another page... so you can design your machine layout on a page and then use it as a background from a page with all your switches on it.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:19 AM, Crossbow said:

Someone provided a link earlier to a large library of graphics for NA.  

Yes Omron France and one of the screen demos online have these graphics there is also a NS library that was provided by my local Omron people. i have heaps of buttons and switches lamps  and generic stuff but it would be nice to use my own created objects or some way to export them to an image

16 hours ago, j.brophy@corkillsystems said:

Yes Omron France and one of the screen demos online have these graphics there is also a NS library that was provided by my local Omron people. i have heaps of buttons and switches lamps  and generic stuff but it would be nice to use my own created objects or some way to export them to an image

If you have a screen capture utility like GreenShot or SnagIt, you can always save a picture of it, adjust the size, and then import the BMP/JPG from there...  Or create your graphics in a utility like Paint or Paint.Net and then import them.

I use google to search for buttons and use GIMP 2 to change them (size, color, orientation) .

On 7/16/2021 at 11:17 PM, sergeFR said:

I use google to search for buttons and use GIMP 2 to change them (size, color, orientation) .

you can't have odd shaped buttons they are limited the standard round/ elipse and rectangle,