PEERPSI

Missing filter/search input box in controller tags window

11 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me why in one instance I do not get the filter/search input box in controller tags window. See attached image.

filter search box.jpg

You appear to have different versions in the two images. The one appears to be V28-ish; the bottom one is definitely an older version. I looked around in my V28 and V32 and can't find anything to toggle that filter on and off. Check the versions and their release notes to see when they added that filter. I'd be curious myself to know if that can be turned on and off.

Different versions but I've been using this software for sometime and I've never come across this.

IMG_0947.JPG

Is V16 the one that's not showing the search filter? Have you seen that search filter in that project before?

Yes V16, I'm sure I've seen it in other projects that were that version or older.

I just now quickly glanced at V17, 18 and 19 release notes and didn't see anything that jumped off the page as the filter being a new feature. I currently only have V28 through 32 installed on my laptop, so I can't dig around and find where to activate that feature. In the versions I have, it doesn't appear that the search filter can be toggled on or off. If it could be, I would expect it to be under Tools, Options, which is where you should start looking if you haven't already. You might also check under the View tab. It's kind of a silly placebo, but have you tried closing and re-opening the project to see if it shows back up? 

Anyone else have any thoughts or solutions on this?

Since I have V16 ready and available, I checked it. It looks the same as yours, no search box.

I just did a quick test starting at version 16 the filter/search did not appear until version 18.

Alan

Okay thanks, seems like we need a firmware upgrade then.

2 hours ago, PEERPSI said:

Okay thanks, seems like we need a firmware upgrade then.

What model processor is it? The fact that it's at v16 tells me it's an older device that won't upgrade to the latest versions. For example, I've worked with a lot of 1756-L55 processors which max out at v16.

V21 is when they changed from RSLogix 5000 to Studio 5000.

I believe that all ControlLogix L6 and below controllers are hard-stopped at V20, and there are only a handful of L7s that will dip down to V19.

Use Rockwell's Product Compatibility & Download Center (PCDC, link is below) to determine what you can flash your controller to, but make sure you have that version of Logix or Studio available on your laptop. You'll need it to upgrade the existing stored project to the same level as the newly flashed controller, and then download to that controller.

https://compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductSelector.aspx?crumb=111

1 person likes this