lwmar

FX2N-20MR chinese semi-clon of a Mitsubishi PLC and SCADA

3 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I have a FX2N-20MR chinese semi-clon of a Mitsubishi PLC. It has only a serial DB9 port that cannot be removed or exchanged (which is possible in the Mitsubishi original PLC). I wonder if I can make a simple SCADA system using that port and just one computer.

I am reading this post: https://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/topic/9653-fx-series-and-modbus/

And I am wondering how I can do what it is suggested there in the second message:  to use a free FB block, available in GX IEC (but not in GX Developer), which will communicate modbus via a standard RS232 BD board. Later on it mentions a library called ModbSFX. That message is from 15 years ago so I am wondering if now there is some other way to do it, perhaps some other software has that functionality? I don't have GX IEC.

I am a student trying to make a project so I would like a cheap and simple solution. Any help to do so will be very welcome.

Thanks
Regards

Marcelo

Edited by lwmar

The 232BD was an option board used to expand the PLC with a serial port, as the only port built in was for programming.  I doubt those old GX IEC function blocks would even recognize this on a cloned device.

Sounds like a better question for the manufacturer of your device.

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find who is the manufacturer, there is no information as to make a semi-clon violates several patents. I contacted the few sellers that are offering this product but I had no luck.