spif

Unknown Extended Error Code

11 posts in this topic

Hey, all.  Working on a project using MSG instructions and I'm getting an extended error code and I can't find anywhere what the code means.

It's a "create socket" MSG instruction and I am getting error code 16#00ff with extended error code 16#0000_0031.  Anyone have any idea what extended error code 16#0000_0031 means?

Error code.JPG

The path is referring to ethernet channel A of a CompactLogix 5380.  The odd thing is this has been working fine for days, then suddenly I'm getting this error.

Does your socket logic include "delete socket" or "destroy socket" for that same instance?

I know that the last time I played with sockets to talk with a VideoJet Printter I had to delete/destroy the socket when create faulted, to get create to again work.

Yeah, I have a "delete all sockets" in the program.  I manually run that before I do any other socket routines.

Edited by spif

1 hour ago, spif said:

Yeah, I have a "delete all sockets" in the program.  I manually run that before I do any other socket routines.

Figured you might, but was worth mentioning.  Unfortunately, I've got nothing else/

Tried a few different things, still seeing the mystery extended error.  Here's some history on this, hopefully this might give someone an idea as to what is going on.

My program uses MSG instructions to talk to several mobile robots through a wifi setup.  The robots occupy IP addresses 192.168.22.21 through 192.168.22.27.  I got that set up and working last week.

My program also talks to a series of conveyors via ethernet/IP.  These conveyors defaulted to IP addresses 192.168.22.20 through 192.168.22.23.  While I worked on getting that working yesterday, all the robots were shut off to avoid IP conflict.  Got the conveyors working and then I turned on the robot that is on 192.168.22.26 (that robot only) to try to get it working along with the conveyors.  That is when the problem started.

Today I worked on changing the conveyors to different IP addresses (192.168.22.40 - 192.168.22.43).  Recycled power to everything and tried again.  Still seeing the same problem.  Downloaded an older version of the program that had no logic or set up for the conveyors, still the same problem.  Disconnected the conveyors from the network.  Still seeing the problem.

Edit: Forgot to add that all throughout I am verifying the robots are online and I can see them by viewing their webpage via their IP addresses.

Edited by spif

:-2

Thanks for posting the solution.

1 person likes this

I am stuck at the same error code, all config looks fine. What was your solution (screenshot is removed) 

It means that you are trying to assign and address and are unable.

The Addr field in your SocketAddr UDT should be 0.

If I understand it correctly, your PLC already has an IP and you can't give it a new one when creating a socket.