Jiggadoo

analog output card 1734-OE2V parameters, fault/actions, program mode

4 posts in this topic

I have an analog output card 1734-OE2V and there is in the fault/actions page parameters for program mode. What is program mode and when it is activated? Fault mode is clear but... Program should be written the value, but when this happens?

Program mode.PNG

When the processor (scanner) is still communicating with the device, but is in Program Mode instead of Run Mode.  As indicated by the 32-bit Run/Idle header of the output packet.

1 person likes this

Program Mode is used to download projects to the controller or to have easier time of making online edits.

The controller is in Program when the controller's is key/toggle switch is place in PROG, or when placed in Program from the online tool bar in Studio if the key/toggle is in Rem. 

Many output cards have the feature you've shown that allows analog cards to go to zero, hold last state according to code scan, or go to a user-defined value, and for digital outputs to turn outputs on, off, or hold last state. 

1 person likes this

Thanks, this is clear for me now. I did not know that it is the PLC program mode.