Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heywood

RSlogix 1200

6 posts in this topic

we have 4 micrologix 1200 plc which i would like to read the data off them IE Amps Temp run time they were set up via a third party to do this but the company is no longer in go

i can see the plcs on RSlinx classic lite but wont let me go online as it say processor not supported. i don't want to alter or change the program just get the data will ASComm work or any other software 

don't want to buy RS logix 500 just to get the data 

any help would be great  

Can you tell us what version of RSLinx Lite?

You should be able to right click in Linx and select Data Monitor and see the tag values in the PLC.

RSLinx OEM, RSLinx Gateway and Kepware Server would be able to pull the data into Excel for you.

Also Ignition, Wonderware and OSISoft PI have drivers to pull data. And I am sure there are others.

I would normally just buy Kepware (with its AB drivers) and use OPC/UA.

Edited by pturmel

Name Catalog # List price
RsLogix 500 Micro Starter 9324-RLM0100ENE $151
The above is not too bad. Might be a little more now.    

1 hour ago, BobLfoot said:

Can you tell us what version of RSLinx Lite?

You should be able to right click in Linx and select Data Monitor and see the tag values in the PLC.

RSLinx OEM, RSLinx Gateway and Kepware Server would be able to pull the data into Excel for you.

Also Ignition, Wonderware and OSISoft PI have drivers to pull data. And I am sure there are others.

hi,

thanks for the reply its the latest version from Rockwell, have tried data monitor but returns the note processor not supported 

thanks

2 hours ago, Heywood said:

we have 4 micrologix 1200 plc which i would like to read the data off them IE Amps Temp run time they were set up via a third party to do this but the company is no longer in go

i can see the plcs on RSlinx classic lite but wont let me go online as it say processor not supported. i don't want to alter or change the program just get the data will ASComm work or any other software 

don't want to buy RS logix 500 just to get the data 

any help would be great  

I can't find proof of this on the AB/RA sites yet, but given the age of the 1200 it's support might not be in the latest linx.

Try version 2.56 ot 3.90 and see if the problem is the same.