Kortik

EXTER T70 with FX2N

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

10 years nobody touch this PLC Mitsubishi FX2N with connected to this PLC HMI (OIT)  Exter T70.

I downloaded and installed GE-Explorer v.7 and E-Designer 7.52.

PLC is working but Display need to be correct. Some info (valves) are not present more on the factory but other room valve are connected.

Need to rename, delete and add.

I'm trying to connect to Exter via ethernet. Connection is available.

Old project is available but I see notices. Attached

project is attached also

1624129267588.jpg

1624129267594.jpg

1624129267599.jpg

1624129267604.jpg

Butterfly.mpa

OPSys_b.cab

Edited by Kortik

The HMI you are trying to program is a Beijer Exter, You need the program “Information Designer” to do this not E-Designer. E-Designer is used only for Mitsubishi HMI’s (I know the HMI’s look Identical but they do need different apps to program them).

You will also need to convert the project so Information Designer can read it. I wrote a small App to do this a few years back. It can be found in the downloads section of this site.

Warnings about file creation versions and different driver versions can usually be ignored and the HMI once converted and loaded into the HMI will work perfectly fine.

Edited by Nightfly
1 person likes this

Hi Nightly,

Thanks a lot! 

I have downloaded the Information Designer program and I can download the project from HMI using new empty project.

But when I downloaded I still have a couple notices, 

I have took your converter App and will try to convert. 

Best Regards

Kortik

Hi Nightly,

Sorry, I have never worked before with Exter HMI .

I have converted using your App but when I tried to download the project from HMI some warnings are available,

Please, see attached pics.

I want to change the name for few valves, save and upload to HMI. 

Do I have to ignore all warnings and upload saved project to HMI without problem?

Because if something goes wrong I will lost current working project and so on.

pic1.PNG

pic2.PNG

pic3.PNG

pic4.PNG

pic5.PNG

pic6.PNG

pic7.PNG

pic8.PNG

pic9.PNG

pic10.PNG

Hi,

If it can't match the driver then have you any Mitsubishi PLC drivers actually installed? There is an option to update them under the File menu. Select File->update Exter drivers from the internet (or something like that). Select all the Mitsubishi ones and download them.

As far as I recall (and I could be wrong), originally Exter HMI’s could not be used with Mitsubishi PLCs because of a Beijer contract to supply the same units to Mitsubishi badged as the E1000 series. So they removed the drivers. However, this changed later when the two companies fell out. You may just not have any drivers installed.

Hi Nightly,

Yes, I installed all drivers from this list. Result is same (see attached pic).

What is happened if I will save downloaded project from HMI to laptop -> ignoring all warnings (mainly different driver version) -> rename few valves-> save and then to uploading to HMI?

I have no spare Exter T70 to play and high risk to loose what we have now.

Best Regards,

Kortik 

driver.JPG

Edited by Kortik

Your HMI looks to be a Beijers E1043

When transferring the project on your pc back to the HMI with your alterations, tick the box 'download drive' to never (from automatic)

I never update drivers in older Exeters or E1000's when they have been working perfectly before. There is no need for it

And in your case - if you are just doing a few alterations just download the changed blocks - nothing else.

Untick the 'send complete project' box

Then just select the block/s you have changed and untick everything else ie alarms, data loggers, symbols etc

The download will quick as you are only updating the chosen blocks and everything else will be the same as it was

1 person likes this

Hi Ron_S,

Thanks for your assistance.

I'll try to do in according with your advice to uncheck all unnecessary "box".

Yes, it would be fine if I can update the block/s only. Mainly I need Block 1 and rename 4 valves.

But I still afraid to get some error during uploading from laptop to HMI and I have no spare HMI :). 

But other task to add all existing 57 valves (now is 40) but this is other story and nobody knows what have been done 10-12 years ago inside PLC Mitsubishi FX2N.

Also I concerned about project which was found saved as .mpa not cpa.

Do I have to upload .mpa or .cpa to HMI Exter? 

Best Regars,

Kortik

Edited by Kortik

E designer doesn't send the file extension, it sends the project.

Just send it already.

Hi Ron_S,

I have one shoot only :). 

I hope to do it right. It's not my equipment and no possibility to make mistake.

E-Designer or I-Designer ???

1. Download project from HMI ignoring warning about driver (using Information Designer)

2. Save it on laptop

3. Change names of valves and save

4. Upload saved project to HMI (only blocks) and uncheck/check other boxes as we are talking above

Is it right sequence? 

Regards,

Kortik