Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulKraemer

problem with Modicon 984-A131 PLC and BDAP-210 output module

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am trying to get a machine started that was moved from one location to another. It has a Modicon 984-A131 PLC. I have Schneider Electric ProWorx32 version 2.1 SP1 running on an old laptop with Windows Vista.

I have run into a bit of a challenge. Without having made any changes to the PLC or it's I/O (other than moving the equipment and reconnecting it to a new power source), the PLC powers up fine and I am able to communicate with it in ProWorx. When online, I am able to see my digital inputs change states (when I press a button or change a selector switch), and I am able to see my digital outputs change states as I would expect based on my logic. My problem is that when my digital outputs are turned ON in my logic (as monitored in ProWorx), the actual outputs on my BDAP-210 output modules are not turned ON accordingly. All of the digital outputs on these modules (I have four) remain OFF (as indicated by the LEDs and by measuring voltage at the output terminal) regardless of the state in my logic. (I did verify that I have power going into the terminals that source power for the BDAP-210. This is about 124 VAC at this site, which is a bit high, but I believe still in a range that is acceptable.)

If anyone can offer a suggestion as to what might be the cause of my problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks and best regards,
Paul

Check into Traffic Cop and make sure the Outputs are assigned to the BDAP-210 Output Module.

I have seen where the output would be on in Proworx but the CPU to I/O module network connection {S410 I believe we were using} was down.

2 people like this

Paul,

As Boolfoot mentioned above, double check the traffic cop (I/O map) to be certain that those output numbers are (still) assigned to that particular card.

Is this the only output card that is having an issue?

Is there more than on rack of I/O?

You may either have a wiring issue (I suspect that most likely) or a bad I/O card.

ModiconBob