Crew

ML1400 RSlogix Micro

9 posts in this topic

I was brought the problem at work of an ML1400 PLC being programed with RSLogix micro. They wanted to open and edit the program but only had RSLogix 500 to do so. They said they could download the program but couldn't run it live. What would be the problem? Would they have to get the RSLogix micro version to do so or is it possible using the 500 version?

Thanks and hope to hear back soon!

Edited by Crew

I was brought the problem at work of an ML1400 PLC being programed with RSLogix micro. They wanted to open and edit the program but only had RSLogix 500 to do so. They said they could download the program but couldn't run it live. What would be the problem? Would they have to get the RSLogix micro version to do so or is it possible using the 500 version?

Thanks and hope to hear back soon!

As long as the RSLogix 500 is new enough, it should work fine.  (RSLogix Micro is a stripped-down RSLogix 500 for MicroLogix support only.)

Note that MicroLogix processors don't support online editing IIRC, so those features of RSLogix 500 won't work.

Thanks so much! Can anyone else second what pturmel suggested?

Edited by Crew

Crew , Welcome to MrPLC.com ; I moved your topic as I felt it deserved it's own title, plus someone else having your issue will find it easier to find if it's a relevant title.  Not piggybacked onto two other threads.

The MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 both allow online editing.

The MicrLogix 1000, 1200 and 1500 DO NOT allow online editing.

The version of software may also be a limiting factor, I did a quick search to try and find the differences but came up with too many answers.

Alan

Edited by alan_505

2 hours ago, alan_505 said:

The MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 both allow online editing.

The MicrLogix 1000, 1200 and 1500 DO NOT allow online editing.

The version of software may also be a limiting factor, I did a quick search to try and find the differences but came up with too many answers.

Alan

See pdf.. For the RSLogix Micro software

RSLogixMicroSoftware.pdf

1 person likes this

Thanks everyone! I'm wondering then if the software's outdated I'll have to check. I've read that anything above 8.10.00 should work. 

When you said they could download the program with RS500, does that mean they could open it in offline mode?  What messages did they get?  I would think if they could download it with the software they could edit it also.  I think there is some missing info here.

1 person likes this