Lacrim

Powerflex 700s (Alarm condition)

29 posts in this topic

On 11/06/2021 at 6:28 PM, Lacrim said:

Hello ! Need your help please . Powerflex is flashing yellow  an alarm condition exist (run inhibit stat) bit 1 is true ( no enable) ! What is exactly the problem and thanks in advance 

12 hours ago, ElectronGuru said:

The alarm description you're getting " Fallada eix arrastr" according to Google Translate is "Drag Axis Failure", which I can't find in the Fault/Alarm Descriptions in the manual (Publication 20D-PM001D-EN-P - March 2019). @VFD Guy is correct that to better help you solve this, we could really use the exact numeric alarm code. Whether you're using an A3 or A6 HIM, you should be able to use the HIM to navigate to the Alarms section, follow @VFD Guy's suggestion of deleting the alarm que, and see what alarm then shows up. The yellow flashing STS light on the front of the drive indicates a Type 2 alarm, meaning you're not going to start that drive until you find and remove the condition causing the flashing light.

Going back to your original post, you said that, " an alarm condition exist (run inhibit stat) bit 1 is true ( no enable)". I assume you're looking at parameter 156, "Start Inhibits". When bit 1 is true the book instructs us that there is "no enable" as seen by the drive. Sometimes inputs fail and the drive can't see that the 24 volts is present at a terminal block. If I were there in your facility, I would immediately look to see which digital input is programmed as Enable, then go look at the digital input status parameter to see if that bit is true when 24 volts is applied at the correct terminal block.

There are cases where drive peripherals can cause an inhibit that manifests itself as a "drive not enabled" alarm condition. For example, if you have a Safe Speed Monitor card installed and someone placed that SSM in Program Mode, the drive would be disabled, you'd have a yellow light, and no other indication as to what's causing the start inhibit. Program Mode in an SSM card is logically in series with Drive Enable, but there's nothing in the HIM, drive parameters, or Alarm que that would indicate this is the issue. That said, I started a Connected Components Workbench project and added a PowerFlex 700S drive to it and I don't see that SSM is an available option for that drive, but I'm using V10 (V13 is the most current) so I might not have the latest available info.

The other thing that concerns me is you said this is not a new installation, which leads me to believe that this was working for a period of time, then stopped. Which, in turn, always leads me to the same question; what changed?

• Did someone change a parameter setting? The easiest way to check this is to get on line with the drive using CCW and check the "Show Non-Defaults" to see what has changed from factory settings. (I can't remember if the A3 HIM has this feature but the A6 does. @VFD Guy, do you know if there's a changed parameters feature on the A3?)
  • If used as a drive enable, did the digital input burn out? As mentioned above, find out where digin for enable is programmed, and check that the drive sees that bit go true when 24VDC is applied.
  • Is there a peripheral somewhere that is holding the drive in "not enabled"? Is there a 20-COM card, or any other extras installed on the drive that might be causing the issue?

Start with easiest stuff first, and work your way through it. 

The enable problem is resolved when we change enable's pines from (2.4) to (1.3)  .now led status shows this alarm (Bit 13 “DL I/O Alarm” - One or more devices in the I/O configuration of the controller are not responding) . What we gonna do now !? And thanks for your time 

Nt : im using A3 HIM 

Edited by Lacrim

The 700S doesn’t support ssm. Both A3 and A6 have “changed parameters”. I still think the first thing to be done is to get the alarm code from the alarm queue. To be simple, run the tech support wizard and post it here. It saves the current status of the drive and all non default Params. I’ll be able to tell you what’s wrong from that 

Hello every one , everything is ok now no alarm.  but when i press the start button in the panel the drive does not start . 

I took the information from another machine and applied them. even data type parameters 626.. 627..) Can I really copy the same settings؟؟ ،even the paramet type (626 to drivelogix data type ) thanks in advance 

Answer is maybe. Drive logix is like a plc. If machines are identical then maybe but you’d have to know the code. If you press start on the panel and the drive doesn’t start, my first step would be to see if the start signal is making it to the drive. It’ll have an io status as well as a logic status. If the bit comes on there then the issue is in the programming of the drive. If not then it’s wiring or the plc